The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/04/2015 12:10 pm  #1

Food for the fourth

e. Fresh corn, and asparagus.
BV Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon

Last edited by Goose (3/04/2016 9:32 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/04/2015 2:32 pm  #2

Re: Food for the fourth

You do eat well, don't you.  I cooked a very small piece of smoked ham end (from Sensening's at Eastern Market yesterday) for a small pot of local yellow beans and a few potatoes to eat later today.

7/04/2015 3:36 pm  #3

Hot dogs from Buser's farm in Lower Windsor.
Zuchinni relish condiment from a local farm family.
Sweet corn and broccoli salad from Brown's Orchard & Farm Market.
Fresh cucumber from the garden marianated with onion in sugar/vinegar dressing.
"Mint water" made by dropping a few leaves of a wild mint plant in the glass or pitcher.

Life is an Orthros.

7/04/2015 6:43 pm  #4

I failed to mention I had fresh, York Co. corn Friday for dinner and one tomato from my garden.  The corn is very plentiful and super good this year and I see York Co. peaches are also in the local markets already.  Seems the corn, peaches and apples arrive earlier & earlier.

Last edited by flowergirl (7/04/2015 6:43 pm)

7/05/2015 9:17 am  #5

My step-son got a smoker and had a big party.  He smoked tilapia, salmon, chicken legs and brisket, and turkey.  It was mostly really good.  He was a little too heavy on the seasoning with the brisket, but he will learn as he goes.  It was quite a feast with all that meat, salad, fresh fruit of all kinds, baked beans, chicken corn soup.  No one went hungry.

Board footera