The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2015 4:28 pm  #1

What Are They Thinking?

Ok, it's Tennessee, I get that, but doesn't this seem over-the-top?  The Tennessee legislature is going to consider adopting the Bible as its official 'state book'?

Seriously, does any state have a 'state book'?  I know we've got state birds, animals, trees, insects, flowers, even fossils, but geez-o-man, a state freakin' book?  And, if a state were to adopt a 'state book' would the Bible be the choice?

WASHINGTON -- A Tennessee state legislator has introduced a bill to make the Bible the official state book, after two other Southern states considered similar moves in recent months.State Rep. Jerry Sexton (R) put forward his legislation Tuesday. He did not return a request for additional comment.Last month, legislators in Mississippi introduced two bills to designate the Bible as the state book.

Sometimes I wonder where we are going, I really do.

Last edited by Just Fred (2/12/2015 4:32 pm)

2/12/2015 4:34 pm  #2

Re: What Are They Thinking?

What are they thinking, you ask? 

They aren't.

Tennessee/Mississippi legislatures =  They may be suffering from too many consonants.

Texass can't be too far behind.

What is their obsession with the Bible? I mean, it's a good, important book, but let's face it, the ones who seem the most obsessed with it are also the one's who don't seem to follow it.

Reminds me of a quote attributed to Gandhi. There are two versions - "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." or "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians - you are not like him."

Last edited by BYOB (2/12/2015 5:00 pm)

Board footera