The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2015 4:28 pm  #1

What Are They Thinking?

Ok, it's Tennessee, I get that, but doesn't this seem over-the-top?  The Tennessee legislature is going to consider adopting the Bible as its official 'state book'?

Seriously, does any state have a 'state book'?  I know we've got state birds, animals, trees, insects, flowers, even fossils, but geez-o-man, a state freakin' book?  And, if a state were to adopt a 'state book' would the Bible be the choice?

WASHINGTON -- A Tennessee state legislator has introduced a bill to make the Bible the official state book, after two other Southern states considered similar moves in recent months.State Rep. Jerry Sexton (R) put forward his legislation[/url] Tuesday. He did not return a request for additional comment.Last month, legislators in Mississippi [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/13/mississippi-bible-state-book_n_6462982.html]introduced two bills to designate the Bible as the state book.

Sometimes I wonder where we are going, I really do.

Last edited by Just Fred (2/12/2015 4:32 pm)

2/12/2015 4:34 pm  #2

Re: What Are They Thinking?

What are they thinking, you ask? 

They aren't.

Tennessee/Mississippi legislatures =  They may be suffering from too many consonants.

Texass can't be too far behind.

What is their obsession with the Bible? I mean, it's a good, important book, but let's face it, the ones who seem the most obsessed with it are also the one's who don't seem to follow it.

Reminds me of a quote attributed to Gandhi. There are two versions - "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." or "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians - you are not like him."

Last edited by BYOB (2/12/2015 5:00 pm)

Board footera