The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2015 7:56 pm  #1

Goose needs to stop deleting posts

Can you please stop deleting posts of the "The Man" because you disagree with him and don't like him?  You have removed at least a dozen of his posts, many of which were nowhere near being offensive.

While I don't necessarily agree with what he is saying, it in no way deserves deletion.

It really looks like you are being vindictive.

4/29/2015 8:28 pm  #2

Re: Goose needs to stop deleting posts

Goose is not the only Moderator to have deleted posts.

I have deleted some, including a couple written by Goose when the thread had degenerated into a pizzing contest. 

That was several weeks ago and, if memory serves correctly, I stated in the thread that some administrative action had been taken, and why it had been taken.

Life is an Orthros.

4/29/2015 8:32 pm  #3

I am referring to what has been happening tonight.  At the time the posts were being deleted, he was the only moderator logged in that i could see.

4/29/2015 8:36 pm  #4

Goose has a problem with me for some reason, and I've done nothing disrespectful to him.  I disagree with him and challenge his positions, but I've always been respectful and commented on-topic.  He deletes my posts with no explanation, even though they are completely on-topic and nowhere near disrespectful.  Tonight, he even stooped to changing one of my posts to something that I didn't write.  I PMed him to ask what his problem is, and he blocked me from PMing him.

He doesn't seem to be a good fit for a moderator.

Last edited by The Man (4/29/2015 8:41 pm)

4/29/2015 8:44 pm  #5

When participation in the "old" Exchange dropped precipitously, several people asked why. The answer that we got was that people were turned off by the personal backbiting that bordered on meanness and distracted from the topic of threads. We determned that this would not happen here. "man's" comments have not been deleted for disagreeing with opinion here. They have been deleted when they derail threads, and when they suggest that people are stupid for disagreeing with him.

So, decide what you want and stick to it. I'm getting whiplash.

And, Brady, if you want to see his attacks, don't you dare ever attack anything I might write.

Last edited by Goose (4/29/2015 8:49 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/29/2015 8:49 pm  #6

Goose wrote:

When participation in the "old" Excahnge dropped precipitously, several people asked why. The answer that we got was that people were turned off by the personal backbiting that bordered on meanness and distracted from the topic of threads. We determned that this would not happen hear. "man's" comments have not beeen deleted for disagreeing with opinion here. They ahve been deleted when they derail threads, and when they suggest that people are stupid for disagreeing with him.

And, Brady, if you want to see his attacks, don't you dare ever attack anything I might write.

You were deleting posts that weren't attacks.  That is my issue and don't pretend you weren't doing it. 

You apparently have a beef with him and decided to make it personal and use your power to basically delete any post you disagreed with.

4/29/2015 8:49 pm  #7

Goose wrote:

When participation in the "old" Excahnge dropped precipitously, several people asked why. The answer that we got was that people were turned off by the personal backbiting that bordered on meanness and distracted from the topic of threads. We determned that this would not happen hear. "man's" comments have not beeen deleted for disagreeing with opinion here. They ahve been deleted when they derail threads, and when they suggest that people are stupid for disagreeing with him.

Goose, that's incorrect.  I haven't baited.  I've argued, sure, I've stated positions that you disagree with, sure, but I was never disrespectful.  We all stray a bit off topic sometimes, including you, but that's no reason for censorship/deleting posts.  How about at least giving a valid reason when you delete posts? None of my posts were out of line compared to anything else that people post on here though.

4/29/2015 8:49 pm  #8

Brady Bunch wrote:

Goose wrote:

You were deleting posts that weren't attacks.  That is my issue and don't pretend you weren't doing it. 

You apparently have a beef with him and decided to make it personal and use your power to basically delete any post you disagreed with.

That's exactly what he did.

4/29/2015 8:50 pm  #9

Brady Bunch wrote:

Goose wrote:

I don't pretend anything. They were attacks.
If you don't agree,, sorry.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/29/2015 8:53 pm  #10

Maybe there should be some sort of rule for moderators that they can't delete posts of people they are disagreeing with unless the post is clearly obscene.

Board footera