The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2016 9:20 am  #1

Christmas Gifts for Gardeners

http://heavy.com/social/2016/11/top-best-gardening-gifts-chrismas-ideas/

My Favorite; the Mushroom growing kits

This Greenhouse looks cool,,,, but I cannot imagine it holding up to early Spring storms.

Last edited by Goose (12/18/2016 9:22 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/18/2016 10:42 am  #2

Re: Christmas Gifts for Gardeners

I'd just like to have a new pair of garden gloves like those given to me years ago that are now losing their glove form from years of use.  There was an upscale garden supply store back then but I it's out of business now. Smith & ? maybe.

12/18/2016 10:47 am  #3

Do you like leather gloves, or some other material?

Maybe gardeners.com

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/18/2016 1:17 pm  #4

Definitely not leather.  The worn out pair now in use is man-made fabric with non-slip palms and fingers.  What I especially like about them is the clasps like ski gloves that hook the two together so one doesn't get misplaced and it also serves as a hook to hang them in the garage so I always know where to find them.  They also have velcro-like wrist bands to tighten as desired.  I realize this is a lot to say about a simple pair of gardening glove but when you have something very serviceable, well ......  I'll have to research the internet to see if that business is still around.  When I was still living in northern VA they had a store in McLean.

Board footera