The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2015 7:12 am  #11

Re: Any garden plans for spring?

We are looking at downsizing to Condo life. The garden will likely be a thing of the past unless we have a small container garden. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/16/2015 7:23 am  #12

tennyson wrote:

We are looking at downsizing to Condo life. The garden will likely be a thing of the past unless we have a small container garden. 

Here's an idea for your condo container garden - you know, just a few plants. 

3/16/2015 7:28 am  #13

BYOB wrote:

tennyson wrote:

Here's an idea for your condo container garden - you know, just a few plants. 

Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/16/2015 7:38 am  #14

You exchange some of those flowers with vegetables, and you're a one-man farmers market in no time! Could be a second source of income too - you could have that condo paid off in a few seasons! 

3/16/2015 7:58 am  #15

Here is an idea for small space gardening that I am considering - gutter gardening! I have planty of yard space for gardening, but I like the look of these, and they seem pretty darn easy to take care of. 

And if you have any empty ammo boxes laying around the house.....

Last edited by BYOB (3/16/2015 8:00 am)

4/03/2015 2:48 pm  #16

Great ideas, all.  Unfortunately, none are suitable for where I live.  You know how those HOA can be.

So does the HOA allow anything except boring green postage stamp lawns?

Last edited by Tarnation (4/03/2015 3:42 pm)

4/03/2015 11:55 pm  #17

So far, my beans and snap peas are the only sprouts that really decided they wanted to live and I already have them outside and they're happily starting to climb. Tomato and pepper sprouts are weak, but that may be for the best, spacewise. With Carolina downpours, watering won't be a problem, even with a covered porch. Had a cloudburst yesterday, ran outside with a little bucket, and had those plants set in three minutes, if that. Maybe I'll add a little hummingbird feeder and try to lure some of them in. I've already gotten whacked in the head by a possibly drunk one, so I guess they're not hard to find here. 

4/04/2015 9:21 am  #18

I do most of my gardening at the supermarket ! 

But seriously, we DO plant a small garden or the easy to grow items (tomatoes, beans, squash)

4/04/2015 12:01 pm  #19

Was able to get some pansies planted in a conainer yesterday.  Heading to Arlington and after returning will get serious with the veggies--like at least buying the onion sets.

4/04/2015 5:06 pm  #20

I am itching to get out in the yard.. I've got the fever so bad.   You know, the ground on the winter side of the house is still frozen?  I went digging around with a spade yesterday thinking surely everything was ready to dig, but solid ice stopped me about 3 inches down.

Board footera