The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2015 4:31 pm  #1

U.S. Total Debt Soars By $674 Billion In November

U.S. Total Debt Soars By $674 Billion In November

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-01/us-total-debt-soars-674-billion-november

When the US reached a debt ceiling deal in the beginning of November, it was common knowledge that there would be a debt accrual "catch up" to make up for lost time when the US was operating under emergency measures to avoid breach of the debt ceiling. And sure enough, when the accurate total debt number was released on November 2, this was indeed the case, when we learned that the US had added some $339 billion in debt during the "emergency measures" period.

However, what is unclear is how in the remaining 4 weeks of November, the US managed to add another $335 billion in total debt, bringing the total increase for the month of November to a whopping $674 billion, and total US debt to a record $18.827 trillion.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/07/2015 4:37 pm  #2

Re: U.S. Total Debt Soars By $674 Billion In November

How should congress address this?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/07/2015 9:26 pm  #3

Congress controls the purse strings, so how should they approach this issue?  Maybe they aren't concerned about it.

Last edited by Just Fred (12/07/2015 9:28 pm)

12/08/2015 6:07 am  #4

I think that CS has a duty to respond with some sort of comments about how to address this. He brought the article here.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/08/2015 12:20 pm  #5

Goose wrote:

I think that CS has a duty to respond with some sort of comments about how to address this. He brought the article here.

Heavy stuff.... A duty to respond!  Yes sir I will respond!!  Attention!!
About face.... I am responding Sir

My response is............ drum role..............  CUT SPENDING because it's out of control. 

And here is a great place to start:CAGW Releases 2015 Congressional Pig Bookhttp://cagw.org/media/press-releases/cagw-releases-2015-congressional-pig-book

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/08/2015 1:02 pm  #6

Common Sense wrote:

Goose wrote:

My response is............ drum role..............  CUT SPENDING because it's out of control. 

And here is a great place to start:CAGW Releases 2015 Congressional Pig Bookhttp://cagw.org/media/press-releases/cagw-releases-2015-congressional-pig-book

Please try to calm down.
There really is no need for the hostility.

12/08/2015 1:05 pm  #7

BTW, common, that link of yours talks about eliminating $4.2 Billion in earmarks.

That sure doesn't go very far towards eliminating the $18 trillion in debt that you bemoaned in your first post.
I think it's about 0.02 %.

Got anything else?

12/08/2015 1:38 pm  #8

Goose wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

Goose wrote:

Please try to calm down.
There really is no need for the hostility.

I am very calm and having fun! 
Thank you so much for your concern!

12/08/2015 1:43 pm  #9

Goose wrote:

BTW, common, that link of yours talks about eliminating $4.2 Billion in earmarks.

That sure doesn't go very far towards eliminating the $18 trillion in debt that you bemoaned in your first post.

Got anything else?

That more than Obama has done?

So 18 trillion in debt is OK with you?

Estimated to be something like 20 trillion when Obama leaves?
Remember when Obama said Bush was unpatriotic for running up the debt in 2008. I think it was like 8 trillion then.

12/08/2015 1:51 pm  #10

Common Sense wrote:

Goose wrote:

Got anything else?

That more than Obama has done?

So 18 trillion in debt is OK with you?

Estimated to be something like 20 trillion when Obama leaves?
Remember when Obama said Bush was unpatriotic for running up the debt in 2008. I think it was like 8 trillion then.

I didn't defend Obama. Even though you don't seem to undertsand that congress has the purse strings.

I asked what you would do to reduce the debt. And your response was a joke.

Board footera