The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2015 6:37 pm  #11

Re: Thread Proliferation Syndrome

Common Sense wrote:

You are very welcome for the uptick. My pleasure!!
Sounds like a  fascist idea to me.
What do the "other folks" have to do with this?
I determine the time spent on the Exchange.  This is just a game you play!
I know you are the "moderator" but you don't control my posting or my responding to posts!

"Develop a conversation? Might lead to a richer experience?
If someone agrees with you then maybe on both... But if they disagree with you there won't be a conversation and it won't be richer and everyone on the Exchange knows that!
Carry-on

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Asking that people discuss a topic is "A fascist idea"?
That does not fit into my understanding of what fascism is.
Could you please explain?

Climb down from your cross, CS. 

Post whatever topics you want, CS. I just asked that you please stick around to discuss them, rather than posting an article without comment and never revisiting the topic again. Feel free to ignore what I asked  if you wish. But, I didn't write anything to warrant such a hostile, over the top response from you. Frankly, we should be able to discuss this like adults, without you going off on a rant about what you think about me as a moderater, etc. Good grief, let it go.

I had hoped that during your hiatus from the exchange, CS, that you would have shed the chip on your shoulder.
 All of that anger is going to eat you up. It will create a huge gap between your actual self and your desired self.
Let it go, Son.

Peace.

Last edited by Goose (12/08/2015 9:52 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/08/2015 11:16 am  #12

Peace back to you!
Just the same OLD stuff from you............
Very sad but expected!
Your response is not a "conversation" or a "richer experience"!
One last thing.
Please, please don't worry about how I post or respond to posts. So darn childish.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/08/2015 11:26 am  #13

Common, I am not going to get into some ugly scene with you. The other members of the forum have lost all patience with that sort of thing.

Let us return to the begining of the thread. In post #1 I expressed the opinion that we would have a better forum if there were more interaction and dialogue. To that end I suggested that thread starters might want to explain why they introduced an article or opinion piece and to participate in a discussion. It was a suggestion. I did NOT propose requiring any poster to do any thing.
To cap it off, I politely asked the group for their opinion.

You may disagree with my opinion and that is fine.
However, I did not write anything that justified your hostile response about me as a moderator or the suggestion that I was a fascist.

You over-reacted in pretty spectacular fashion.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera