The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2015 1:47 pm  #1

Beautiful Wooden Peace Church in Swidnica, Southwest Poland

I have always been fascinated by the beauty of churches, temples and cathedrals which man has built to honor his God. Most of these beautiful and elaborate creations will never be able to be built again because of cost and lack of the same precious materials. Most of us are familiar with the very elaborate beautiful popular cathedrals which many visit as tourists while in Rome and other major cities, but there are many absolutely beautiful churches and cathedrals in smaller towns and cities throughout the world. I discovered this great website featuring a wooden church in the town of Swidnica in southwestern Poland known as the Peace Church. The massive detail in this church is unbelievable. I am including the link. When you open the link, use your mouse or the directional controls at the bottom to manuever all through the church. Use the right arrows, the left arrows, the up arrows, the down arrows and the zoom in and out controls. I could spend hours just staring at these many and intricate details. Have fun.http://zieba.wroclaw.pl/kpg/kps.html 

Last edited by JimmyBear (2/20/2015 1:49 pm)

2/20/2015 2:29 pm  #2

Re: Beautiful Wooden Peace Church in Swidnica, Southwest Poland

Thanks, Jimmy. That is one of the most beautiful and awe inspiring structures that I have ever seen.
I have to put Poland on my bucket list.

Last edited by Goose (2/20/2015 5:02 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera