The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/23/2015 10:26 pm  #1

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

bb

Last edited by Goose (3/05/2016 6:54 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/24/2015 10:50 am  #2

Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Wow!  That's pretty pricey.  Way out of my league.

I don't appreciate foods loaded with butter or fat either.  Sure it tastes delicious but I don't enjoy lying in the heart cath lab because of it.  Of course people will say.''just once won't hurt'', but if you are used to a sensible or heart healthy diet, a fat ladened meal will send you running to the bathroom.  I appreciate restaurants having sensible, simple foods.  If I can find a place like that, I return.

10/24/2015 11:40 am  #3

Completely agree the Ruth's Chris is overpriced and overrated. Plus, they advertise on Hannity (or at least they did at one point)

BTW, while in the Gas Lamp District, if you want to sample a lot of west cost craft brews, I recommend hitting Barleymash. Had a good time there when I was in SD a couple years ago.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

10/24/2015 1:07 pm  #4

Ditto on the Ruth;s Chris review.  In fact, in general, I'm not a real fan of any chain restaurant.  If I'm going to drop 50 bills + beer or wine somewhere for dinner when I'm out-of-town, I'll ask a 'local' where they like to eat and go there.

BTW, Goose, when I was in Florence two weeks ago, I had a great bistecca Fiorentina with asparagus, roasted potatoes, and a half carafe of chianti for 25 euro in a mom-and-pop trattoria along the Arno where I was treated like family.  Brought out a limoncello for me 'on the house' when I was finished with the meal.

10/24/2015 9:20 pm  #5

Sounds like the place exists mostly for bragging rights "I at Ruth Chris..."---but is that really something you want to brag about?

Admitting to be a sucker for a "name"?  A gourmand?  A fool eastily parted from his money?

We appreciate the opportunity to learn from your mistake.

Life is an Orthros.

10/25/2015 6:26 am  #6

Sometimes redemption arrives on the half-shell.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera