The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/15/2015 6:30 pm  #1

Manchester Twp Historic Places

For anyone interested in local history and genealogy, I ran across a news story that mentioned that Manchester Township has a historical building register online.  Below is the link to their website:

http://register.mantwphistory.com/map.html

You can search by names or any other keywords and it will bring up a detailed history on each property and most have current photos of the buildings/homes.  Very informative, it would be great if all local historical societies had something like this.  From my understanding, this is something that is relatively new. 

10/15/2015 6:49 pm  #2

Re: Manchester Twp Historic Places

The Greater Dover Historical Society has identified the same in Dover Borough and Dover Township and have place historical plaques on some of the buildings but to my knowledge there is nothing about this on their website.

10/15/2015 7:02 pm  #3

Re: Manchester Twp Historic Places

flowergirl wrote:

The Greater Dover Historical Society has identified the same in Dover Borough and Dover Township and have place historical plaques on some of the buildings but to my knowledge there is nothing about this on their website.

Do you know if they have files or information that people can look at in regards to these buildings?  I have a few ancestors from the Dover area and would love to know if they have information on any of their properties/buildings

Board footera