The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2015 8:26 pm  #1

This is Just Sad

Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America

Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America
The former New York mayor makes his remarks at a Scott Walker event.
By DARREN SAMUELSOHN 2/18/15 11:29 PM EST

NEW YORK — Rudy Giuliani went straight for the jugular Wednesday night during a private group dinner here featuring Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker by openly questioning whether President Barack Obama “loves America.”
The former New York mayor, speaking in front of the 2016 Republican presidential contender and about 60 right-leaning business executives and conservative media types, directly challenged Obama’s patriotism, discussing what he called weak foreign policy decisions and questionable public remarks when confronting terrorists.

“I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America,” Giuliani said during the dinner at the 21 Club, a former Prohibition-era speakeasy in midtown Manhattan. “He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/rudy-giuliani-president-obama-doesnt-love-america-115309.html#ixzz3SFD2tDhm

Last edited by Goose (2/19/2015 8:27 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/19/2015 8:50 pm  #2

Re: This is Just Sad

Add to that the fact that Gov Scott Walker who the dinner was to raise support for neatly slithered away from really addressing the remark. Two slithering snakes in the grass ! 

Just when you thought politicians could not get any lower. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/19/2015 10:28 pm  #3

Another head scratcher.  Do these people have a hearing problem that they understand the spoken work differently than the rest of us?

2/20/2015 9:18 am  #4

Rudy is becoming a doddering old man who is losing the ability to censor himself. And he's hurting the Republican Party.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/20/2015 9:46 am  #5

In Rudy's mind a strong Republican ticket for 2016 would be a Giuliani/Trump (or would that be Trump/Giuliani ?) for a presidential run.

I guess they think it would have broad appeal because NYC is the hub of the universe.

It would be kind of fun to see the two of them arm wrestle to see who heads the ticket.

2/20/2015 11:12 am  #6

Obama loves America.

America does not love Rudy.

Rudy gets jealous.

Classic love triangle.

Last edited by Conspiracy Theory (2/20/2015 11:14 am)

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

2/20/2015 2:08 pm  #7

It gets better:
Giuliani in recent months has made a series of eyebrow raising remarks – saying former President Jimmy Carter has gone “off the deep end” in calling on the U.S. to recognize Hamas, arguing black violence is the reason for white cops in Ferguson, and calling on NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio to place police officers in the city’s mosques in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo shooting in Paris.

Giuliani’s over-the-top comments have been likened by some critics to the the seemingly intentionally rabble-rousing hysterics of Donald Trump and Sarah Palin.“Here’s somebody who saw New York through 9/11 and won great accolades and could have spent his post mayoral time on something more productive,” said Zaino. “I’m baffled by what he’s trying to achieve. The only thing I can imagine is that it’s keeping him in the headlines. He seems to have lost an awful lot of respect he gained post 9/11.”

Last edited by Just Fred (2/20/2015 2:09 pm)

2/20/2015 2:33 pm  #8

It is just incredible to me that the GOP can't muzzle these folks. Heck they seem to revel in it.

What a wasted opportunity.
I have the privelege of interacting with young adults on a regular basis. I can tell you that many of them would be receptive to a conservative economic message. They are concerned about being saddled with the nation's debt. They are a bit jaded when it comes to classic liberal economic policies.
But when they seen stuff like this "Obama isn't one of us", or the anti-gay stuff, the GOP becomes radiactive to them.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/20/2015 6:09 pm  #9

Just Fred wrote:

It gets better:
Giuliani in recent months has made a series of eyebrow raising remarks – saying former President Jimmy Carter has gone “off the deep end” in calling on the U.S. to recognize Hamas, arguing black violence is the reason for white cops in Ferguson, and calling on NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio to place police officers in the city’s mosques in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo shooting in Paris.

Giuliani’s over-the-top comments have been likened by some critics to the the seemingly intentionally rabble-rousing hysterics of Donald Trump and Sarah Palin.“Here’s somebody who saw New York through 9/11 and won great accolades and could have spent his post mayoral time on something more productive,” said Zaino. “I’m baffled by what he’s trying to achieve. The only thing I can imagine is that it’s keeping him in the headlines. He seems to have lost an awful lot of respect he gained post 9/11.”

Oh, I get it.

He's trying to get his own spot on Fox.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera