The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2015 6:50 am  #1

A New Low

I swore off the MSNBC Show Morning Trump , um I mean Joe, several weeks ago because they seemed to be shamelessly trumpeting The Donald for ratings. I mean, they had him on every morning.

Anyway, fast forward to this morning. I tuned into Morning Joe just to see media reaction to last nite's Democratic debate. They were, in fact discussing the debate,,,,,,,,,,,, with Donald Trump.
I'm not making this up.  Watching CNN now. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/14/2015 7:29 am  #2

Re: A New Low

Speaking of the Trumpster, I see where he is going to be a guest host on Saturday Night Live in November.

10/14/2015 8:34 am  #3

Just Fred wrote:

Speaking of the Trumpster, I see where he is going to be a guest host on Saturday Night Live in November.

That's a good move on both SNL's and Trump's part. 

It will be a ratings bonanza for SNL (and they need it) and exposes Trump to more people who may not follow politics day to day.

As for Morning Joe, I caught the first 15 minutes when they were discussing the debate. It was ok analysis. But yeah, I saw they were going to have Donald on to discuss. 

One interesting tidbit I caught Mika say kind of under her breath when Joe said Trump was coming on the show. Mika said something to the effect that Trump was the only candidate that was willing to come on and talk. 

I suspect that the show's producers do look to try and get interviews with other GOP candidates but are rebuffed whereas Trump is happy to blabber on to anyone who will listen.

And hey, you gotta fill airtime on cable news.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

10/14/2015 10:27 am  #4

I can understand that trump coverage gets ratings. So cover him. But must the coverage be issue free? When they discuss him, it's all in terms of a horse race. Look at this poll. Look at that poll. Why trump has increased his lead from the last poll we took two hours ago.
Oh boy!

Then, each morning visit from trump consists of him discussing the polls, or how much Rubio sweats. Joe grovels before the guy. When the rare policy question comes up, joe lets trump get away with "we're looking into that. We'll have something soon."

Absolutely pathetic

Last edited by Goose (10/14/2015 10:29 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/14/2015 5:35 pm  #5

I saw that this morning, Goose.  LOL  MSNBC is going down the crapper fast.  Who is making these bad decisions?

10/15/2015 6:27 am  #6

"Welcome to Morning Joe. Today, shocking news. In today's Poll Trump maintains the lead he had in yesterday's poll. Amazing. Unbelievable. Look at this poll. Look at that Poll. Willie, talk about the other poll. Mark, what about this poll?,,,,There's just no stopping trump now. Trump Trump Trump. Look what Trump said about Hillary. Look what Trump said about Marco drinking water. Look what Trump said about Bernie. Trump trump trump.".

"Well, that's all we have time for. Please tune in tomorrow when we ask special guest Donald Trump what he thinks about,,, well, Donald Trump.
AND,,,, New Poll numbers!!!"

Board footera