The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2015 9:25 am  #21

Re: Gas Prices

Does NJ have a state tax on gasoline at the pumps?

9/13/2015 10:11 am  #22

Quick look at federal and state tax per gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States

9/13/2015 9:19 pm  #23

Another undistinguished first for Pennsylvania--highest gas taxes in the country.  Not only the highest but twice as high as Alaska where I guess it would be expected to be lower and nearly double in a few other states. 

9/14/2015 1:44 am  #24

flowergirl wrote:

I checked prices on my way down to York this morning and all along I83 Rutters was still $2.49.  I have no time for such a company and I am disappointed in Sam's at $2.43 today.  Sam's lower gas prices was one reason I joined years ago but that has since disappeared.  Sam's has consistently stayed within a few cents with the rest in the area.  I filled up at Giant in Dover today for $2.39 (+ I had 30 cents off so I paid $2.09) but Giant in York was $2.45.  The price Fox is paying in the Atlanta area is close to what I hope to see around York although with the increase in the PA gas tax we'll never see it quite that cheap.

and these prices are after a rise in the gasoline tax here!!!

9/24/2015 6:52 pm  #25

I'm seeing many prices in the $2.2? range--finally.

9/26/2015 9:33 am  #26

$2.25 at Giant at Cap City Airport.  Nice too that I had $.20 cents off a gallon.  Haven't paid that little for gas in many years.

9/26/2015 10:40 am  #27

Saw a Wawa on Route 1 between Trenton and Princeton with gas for $1.85 earlier this week.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

9/26/2015 12:12 pm  #28

With PA's highest gas tax I'm not sure how much lower our gas prices can go. 

9/27/2015 10:14 am  #29

According to article this morning in the Patriot News gas prices should continue to drop now that refineries are processing winter-grade gasoline.  Barring any hiccups in the refineries or unexpected increases in crude, that is.

10/04/2015 5:41 pm  #30

Saudi Arabia cuts price of crude again. This should drive the price of gasoline and heating oil down . . . If U.S. retailers follow the old rules of supply and demand. Hers is an article from the WSJ:

Page added on October 4, 2015

Saudi Arabia Cuts Oil Prices Amid OPEC Price War

Saudi Arabia Cuts Oil Prices Amid OPEC Price War thumbnail
Saudi Arabia on Sunday made deep reductions to the prices it charges for its oil, hard on the heels of cuts last month by rival producers in the Gulf.

With U.S. production still increasing despite lower oil prices, members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries are battling to keep their share of the last growing markets in Asia.

In a list of official prices sent to customers, state-oil company Saudi Aramco cut the price of its light-crude deliveries to Asia by $1.7 a barrel. As a result, it switched to a discount of $1.6 a barrel against the rival Dubai benchmark from a premium of 10 cents a barrel previously. The company also cut its prices for heavy oil by $2 a barrel to the Far East and by 30 cents a barrel to the U.S.

The move come as Iran, Iraq and other countries in the Middie East made deeper cuts in their official prices than Saudi Arabia last month.

Saudi Arabia has vowed to keep pumping at high levels as it hopes lower oil prices will stimulate Asian demand and hit rival production in the U.S. that is expensive to produce. But while Chinese economic growth is slowing, U.S. production rose by about 68,000 barrels a day in July, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

WSJ

Board footera