The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2015 9:19 pm  #1

Steelers & Patriots Tonight

Anyone else watching tonight's game become very tired of hearing all the detailed comments about the Patriots and the Super Bowl thru out tonight's first half?

I missed some of what was said--did I understand that coaches and maybe some players were listening to a broadcast of the game in their earphones and the Steeler's coach got upset when he found out?  What was that all about?

9/10/2015 9:41 pm  #2

Re: Steelers & Patriots Tonight

The Steelers sideline communications system was not working. Instead of allowing them to communicate through the system, a Patriots stadium game broadcast was infiltrating the system. Another example of underhanded gamesmanship by the Patriots organization ? ? ?

Who knows, but it sure is suspicious that this type of crap always seems to spring up around the New England Patriots.

9/11/2015 5:52 am  #3

Questionable play calling by the steelers. On that opening drive they were really ripping the Patriots. I think they cranked out 4 quick first downs. Then they tried that flanker-pass flea flicker thing and lost a quick 8 yards. It took the steam out of them and was a huge missed opportinity to get the quick lead.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/11/2015 7:24 am  #4

I thought the Steelers offensive line performed better than expected on both running and passing plays. DeAngelo Williams had a good night running the ball and Steelers receivers had a good night. A couple of bone head play calls slowed down the offense, and falling for a defensive shift and possible snap simulation by the Pats defense drew an illegal motion call on the goal line that was costly. The Steelers defense is still in trouble. No pass rush, defensive secondary sucks. I blame the coaches for not having people prepared, not having enough players on the field, confusion on coverage, and not being ready for Brady's up tempo game. Hopefully, the Steelers will improve, but making the playoffs looks real iffy at this point.

Board footera