The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2015 6:31 pm  #1

Penn State Vs Temple.

Temple wins for the first time since 1941!

No rushing game. No pass protection.

I'm shocked. This could be a long season for the Nits.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/05/2015 6:53 pm  #2

Re: Penn State Vs Temple.

My immediate thought when seeing the score was, WOW! If Penn State can't beat a team like Temple what's the rest of the season going to be like for them?

9/07/2015 11:26 am  #3

Watched the whole game. A couple of thoughts

1) I'm convinced that James Franklin is a fraud of a coach. Penn State has the bigger, faster, and overall more athletic team than Temple. So, why did Temple dominate the game after the first quarter? Coaching, coaching, coaching. Temple adjusted to Penn State on both sides of the ball. Penn State ran the same gameplan the entire time and Temple at them up. We saw this numerous times last year.

2) Franklin is ruining Hackenberg. Hack has all the tools to be a first round NFL QB. Hack showed legit talent in his freshman year under Bill O'Brien. Since Franklin arrived, he's regressed. My feeling on this is that like a lot of coaches today, the force the players into a "system" rather than build a system around the talent they have. If I'm Hack and things don't change, I run away from Happy Valley, sit out a year, and find a school with a true pro-style offense. He's got too much money on the line to sink with Fraud Franklin.

It's gonna be a long year. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

9/07/2015 11:29 am  #4

One other note. There is only one living member of the last Temple team to beat Penn State. He's 93 and living in an assisted-living facility in suburban Philly. He was quoted in the Sunday Inquirer as having watched the whole game, was thrilled for Temple and felt sorry for Hackenberg in the second half.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

9/07/2015 2:09 pm  #5

Interesting comments, Lager. I don't know much about Franklin, but what an appalling performance. I have to believe that you are right that PSU has got to have the bigger and faster athletes. 
But, 10 sacks and 77 yards rushing. It's a coplete disaster.

Well, back to what I do every fall. Suffer with PSU, and cheer for my other favorite team,,,, whoever is playing Alabama this week. 
It's not a combo that yields a lot of happy Saturdays, 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera