The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2015 5:18 am  #1

Mt Denali Nontroversy

Last edited by Goose (9/03/2015 5:18 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/03/2015 11:19 am  #2

Re: Mt Denali Nontroversy

I did some reading up on McKinley. Turns out he was a pretty good president by historical standards. He was asassinated by a anarchist apparently. 

Anyway, I have no opinion on the renaming of Denali other than I know at some point in a future bar room trivia contest, the question, "What's the tallest mountain in the United States?" will come up and I know I'll end up saying McKinley.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

9/03/2015 1:13 pm  #3

I thought the original name of the mountain was Mt. Denali, anyway. Who decided to change it's name in the first place?  Maybe the people that live around there weren't all that excited about some 'outsiders' junking the name it had and changing it's name to McKinley without any input from them.

9/03/2015 2:13 pm  #4

Wow.  He has a really impressive glare.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

9/05/2015 5:46 am  #5

Yea, Alaskans have always called it Denali.
Funny, Bristol Palin (No, I won't go there) just penned some very critical words about the President renaming "our" mountain. (Apparently it belongs to her).
Funny thing, Sarah Palin referred to the mountain as Denali all during the 15 minutes she was governor. You can even go to youtube and see sarah use the term during her resignation speech.

You can't make this stuff up. 

Last edited by Goose (9/05/2015 5:47 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera