The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/22/2015 7:54 am  #1

Brie's Italian Cousin

cheese truly belongs on a cheese plate.

Last edited by Goose (3/05/2016 7:02 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/22/2015 9:29 am  #2

Re: Brie's Italian Cousin

I'll have to research a local source.  I've never heard of it or saw it in any store around here. 

6/22/2015 9:52 am  #3

I’d stick with wheat beers, myself. A nice unfiltered wheat like a Hefeweizen would pair well with the tanginess of a fresh cheese. Perhaps Lager can weigh in.

My first option with this type of cheese would be a hearty red wine. Buuuuuttt, if you're saying that a red is a bad match, then I would look toward a Saison or a Farmhouse Ale. Now I'm not the biggest fan of Saisons. They use a yeast they typically produces a spicy and fruity character that comes with the higher fermentation temps used to produce the beer. They also often are brewed with orange peel, coriander which can also be found in hefeweizens. The key difference between an Hefe and a Saison is the efe is brewed with wheat and the Saison is brewed with barley (although Saisons can and do often use both barley and wheat.

There are some Saisons/Farmhouse Ales that I can recommend. Some good examples of the style are

[url=http://www.ommegang.com/#!beer_hennepin]Ommegang Hennepin Farmhouse Saison[/url] (This is a phenominal beer and is what I bring for Thanksgiving Dinner every year as it goes great with poultry.

Stillwater Artisanal Ale Stateside Saison

Victory Swing Session Saison

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

6/30/2015 10:00 pm  #4

Hey there Goose--you neglected to tell us the price of the Robiola!  Way beyond my budget, for sure.  I did find a website with instructions to make your own Robiola and I would do it but I've not the proper/necessary environment.  Whole Foods sells the Robiola but you would expect to pay top price--considering what's been in the news lately about that company.

Board footera