The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/22/2015 5:06 am  #1

The 23 mpg Ford F-150

For 

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 8:11 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/22/2015 9:33 am  #2

Re: The 23 mpg Ford F-150

When Ford first put a 6-cylinder turbo in the most popular vehicle in America several years ago, critics questioned whether consumers would accept the change. They did. When the company decided to then shed hundreds of pounds of weight by using aluminum, questions again were raised. Although sales have lagged the pickup market this year, Ford has blamed supply issues and not demand

I'm really happy this gamble paid off for Ford. There was a lot of concern in Dearborn that even if the public bought into the fact that the lighter weight would improve gas mileage, that the aluminum body would not be able to handle the demands of those who rely on thier pickup for their livelihood. 

Chevy and Dodge marketing their competitive vehicles as stronger and more durable because they were still made of steel.

But it appears as if the F-150 has been able to make the grade. And I'm happy about that. I'm one of the few people I know that still carries an allegiance to an auto manufacuturer. Every vehicle I have ever purchased has been a Ford. If I was going to buy a new car or truck tomorrow, it would be a matter of which Ford dealer I bought it from, and not that I was going to look at numerous manufacturers. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

6/24/2015 7:57 am  #3

Re: The 23 mpg Ford F-150

Goose wrote:

I had an F-150 many years ago.
She was a beast. But you could beat the hell out of her and she'd just keep going.

Me too, (2004-2006 -- When the baby came I had to trade it in  ) 

Best resale value I ever got for a vehicle.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera