The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2015 6:19 pm  #1

Summertime Favorites

What are your favorite things to either put on the grill, or to place alongside something you've grilled?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/29/2015 6:52 pm  #2

Re: Summertime Favorites

wahoo, side grilled veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms)

5/29/2015 7:48 pm  #3

churrasco steak with chimichurri sauce, mofongo, garlic roasted potatoes whether wrapped in aluminum & cooked on the grill or in a very hot oven...

pork or shrimp kabobs with cilantro sauce, grilled corn, stove top scalloped potatoes with onion cooked in bacon grease...

5/30/2015 6:03 am  #4

Talk about yummy, guys!

As far as protein, Fox's steak sounds great. I also like my planked salmon with citrus salsa.

And, it just wouldn't be summer for me without fresh corn. When I was a kid, corn season was increidbly short and sweet. Trips down to the farm stand. Before they came up with the super sweet hybrids that hold up longer corn, as you remember, used to get starchy if it sat around for long. They used to joke that you started your water boiling before leaving for the farm stand.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/30/2015 6:42 am  #5

From field to pot is still the best way.

A close second is to go from field to a shucking and scraping bee....the fresh uncooked kernels can be deep frozen and kept for years, and, unless freezer burnt will taste just about field-fresh.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera