The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2015 2:29 pm  #1

Texas Now Produces More Natural Gas Than All Of OPEC

Texas Now Produces More Natural Gas Than All Of OPEC

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/29/texas-now-produces-more-natural-gas-than-all-of-opec/

The American Petroleum Institute has released a graphic showing that Texas produces 18.81 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day, well above any member of OPEC.

The graphic is meant to show how hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling into shale formations has made the U.S. the world’s top oil and gas producer.

Louisiana and Pennsylvania also rank among the world’s top 15 natural gas producers. Louisiana produces more gas major producing countries like the Netherlands and Indonesia, while Pennsylvania beats out Mexico and the United Arab Emirates.

Last edited by Common Sense (5/29/2015 2:30 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/29/2015 2:32 pm  #2

Re: Texas Now Produces More Natural Gas Than All Of OPEC

I can remember when energy indepedence was touted as a strategy by which we could disengage from the Middle east and their incessant conflicts.

Does anybody in the group think it will actually work out that way?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/29/2015 3:22 pm  #3

While my natural gas bills are falling due to UGI's lower rates, if the U. S. is producing so much over the mideast why have not prices here in the U. S. fallen sooner and more?  How much of the gas and oil produced in the U. S. is being shipped to Russia and other foreign countries, holding our prices here higher than production rates would indicate they should be?

5/29/2015 8:35 pm  #4

flowergirl wrote:

While my natural gas bills are falling due to UGI's lower rates, if the U. S. is producing so much over the mideast why have not prices here in the U. S. fallen sooner and more?  How much of the gas and oil produced in the U. S. is being shipped to Russia and other foreign countries, holding our prices here higher than production rates would indicate they should be?

I don't know much about natural gas exports, but I believe there has been some recent approval to allow it (especially after Russia put pressure via their natural gas supplies/prices on their satellites). 

On the crude oil side there has been a ban on exporting crude (not sure that is true of refined gas). Here is an article from May of this year about the political ruminations of lifting the ban which some R-tribers are calling for. 

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/gop-lift-ban-federal/2015/05/24/id/646483/

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera