The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2015 6:41 pm  #1

John Stewart

John Stewart is leaving The Daily Show!    I knew it had to happen sooner or later, but later would have been preferable. I'm curious who they will choose to take his place?

2/11/2015 7:11 pm  #2

Re: John Stewart

I am on the verge of depression.
Boy, comedy central is in trouble, losing Stewart and Colbert in the same year

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/11/2015 7:14 pm  #3

Ditto.
Anyone you'd like to see head the show?

2/11/2015 7:16 pm  #4

I'd love John Oliver, but he's got a gig with HBO.
How about Assid Mandvi?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/11/2015 7:27 pm  #5

John Oliver would've been my first choice. He did so well as a fill in, and those were tough shoes to fill. Mandvi is also an excellent choice. He is the best at deadpan. I love that guy! Jessica Williams is funny as heck too. Maybe they should have a different person host each week and then let the viewers decide.

2/11/2015 8:25 pm  #6

I was saddened by this too, but he was burnt out and seemed depressed for a while.  It was no surprise.  I will miss his voices......old, Jewish, grandfather type, New Jersey tough guy type.....  How can anyone replace him?  There is going to be a big empty space in my day.

2/11/2015 8:26 pm  #7

BYOB wrote:

Ditto.
Anyone you'd like to see head the show?

Tina Fey

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/12/2015 7:48 am  #8

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.  ~Voltaire

Last edited by IntroVertigo (2/19/2015 7:57 am)

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.  ~Voltaire

2/12/2015 9:32 am  #9

Ooooh, Tina Fey, good choice!

Maybe they should give Brian Williams a shot at hosting it. At least then he can say whatever he wants in a satirical manner and no one will really get pissed at him. 

Board footera