The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2015 2:19 pm  #21

Re: What's going on here ?????

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."

5/05/2015 2:28 pm  #22

Common Sense wrote:

The godfather best scene

That's one thing that never made sense to me. The Godfather says there were never friends, even those his wife is the God-mother of the morticians only child.

How does that happen in reality. If the Mrs. Corleone was close enough to be asked to be the god mother, wouldn't it make sense that the families were close enough to hang out in social situations.

My theory is that they had to be friends to some extent and Don Corleone was kind of being a jerk in this scene.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

5/05/2015 2:52 pm  #23

He had to pick corleone as godfather

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/05/2015 3:36 pm  #24

El Presidente wrote:

Goose wrote:

Many thanks to El Presidente for bringing together the heads of the Five Families and brokering the Great Peace of May 4.

You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance going to bring your post back to you, or my thread to me? I forgo the vengeance of my board. But I have selfish reasons. My youngest moderator was forced to leave this internet because of this Common Sense business. All right, now I have to make arrangements to bring him back to moderate safely. But I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him... if he should be called a dick by a fellow poster, or if he should find a post edited, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive. But, that aside, let me say that I swear, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we have made here today.

"What's the matter, Lager".

"I knew that Santino was going to have to moderate. And Fredo,,,,well,,, but
I never wanted this for you, Goose."
"I surf the internet my whole life, and I apologize to nobody,,, to take care of my family. And I refused to play the fool, using IE like some puppet on a string, dancing on a string held by all those bigshots at Microsoft.
I don't apologize. Thats my life. But I thought when it was your time,,,, that you would be the one to hold the strings.
,,,,Huffington Post's Goose,,,,,,, internet provider Goose,,,,,, something like that."

"Another Pezzonovante".

Sigh. "There just wasn't enough time, Goose. There wasn't enough time."

"We'll get there, Lager. We'll get there."

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/24/2015 9:00 am  #25

I would ask the poster who calls himself "Common sense" to remove the block on PM so that this moderator can communicate with him.

Board footera