The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2015 7:22 am  #41

Re: Who's at your Feeder?

A very lovely sounding, but loud bird has taken to announcing it's presence in the tree outside my bedroom window in the morning. I haven't gotten a look at him/her yet, but I'll keep trying. I thought he/she would be a sizeable bird based on it's sizeable voice, but I'm guessing he/she is probably some little well-camoflaged thing, or else it knows when I'm conducting surveillance. 

4/13/2015 7:42 am  #42

BYOB wrote:

A very lovely sounding, but loud bird has taken to announcing it's presence in the tree outside my bedroom window in the morning. I haven't gotten a look at him/her yet, but I'll keep trying. I thought he/she would be a sizeable bird based on it's sizeable voice, but I'm guessing he/she is probably some little well-camoflaged thing, or else it knows when I'm conducting surveillance. 

Maybe like this one ? 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/13/2015 7:45 am  #43

Are you in PA, BYOB?  Here I am hearing some wrens outside our windows right now.  They have a lovely melodious call (or is it song?  I get them confused), very loud and clear.  Sort of like.....cher-many, cher-many, cher-many....or....teakettle, teakettle, teakettle......or sometimes even..cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger.....  Very crisp, bubbling and dancing.    They are a brownish bird with a long, thin, slightly downward curved beak.

Last edited by florentine (4/13/2015 8:17 am)

5/18/2015 10:02 am  #44

Big news in my yard!  Maybe not such a big deal for everyone, but I've got a pair of Baltimore orioles building a nest not 20 feet from and above my deck.  It's a big deal for me because although I've had an occasional oriole visitor, I've never had one stick around to make my yard their home base. 

5/18/2015 2:39 pm  #45

Just Fred--it would be a very big deal if I ever saw a Baltimore Oriole in my yard!

5/18/2015 2:55 pm  #46

We've had a pair of Orioles nest in a bush in our back yard for a couple of years. We always hope they'll come back in the Spring and we had a pair arrive about two weeks ago.

And, No, it's not Cal & Billy Ripkin.

5/19/2015 8:15 am  #47

I envy you guys.  I have never seen one.

Board footera