The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/12/2015 3:57 pm  #1

Dem Senator Accuses Obama of Sexism Toward Elizabeth Warren

Dem Senator Accuses Obama of Sexism Toward Elizabeth Warren

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dem-senator-accuses-obama-sexism-toward-elizabeth-warren_944873.html

Democratic senator Sherrod Brown is subtly accusing President Barack Obama of sexism in his attacks on Senator Elizabeth Warren, also a Democrat. "I think the president was disrespectful to her by the way he did that...made this more personal," Brown told reporters."I think referring to her as her first name, when he might not have done that for a male senator, perhaps--I've said enough."
[quote888]"I think the president was disrespectful to her by the way he did that...made this more personal." - Sen. Brown on Obama's Warren attacks— Ryan Grim (@ryangrim) May 12, 2015
[quote888]More Brown: "I think referring to her as her first name, when he might not have done that for a male senator, perhaps--I've said enough."— Ryan Grim (@ryangrim) May 12, 2015
As GOP strategist Rory Cooper noted, "Sherrod Brown accuses President Obama of sexism towards the head of the Democratic Party."
[quote888]Sherrod Brown accuses President Obama of sexism towards the head of the Democratic Party. https://t.co/hPoJfUJ0e3— Rory Cooper (@rorycooper) May 12, 2015
Warren was staunchly (and publicly) opposed to President Obama's trade bill. Obama criticized her position in a series of interviews.

Barack Obama vs. Elizabeth Warren on Trade

http://reason.com/archives/2015/05/11/barack-obama-vs-elizabeth-warren-on-trad

In a theatrical fight, both sides go through the motions. They may look like they are really fighting, but it’s really just a charade designed to communicate to constituents and interest groups. The final outcome is preordained.In a genuine fight, the outcome is actually uncertain, and the combatants are really annoyed, not just pretending. That kind of fight creates real winners, real losers, and, sometimes, lasting rifts and scars.The fight under way right now about trade between Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama is starting to look more and more like a genuine fight.President Obama got testy in a recent interview with Yahoo! News, calling Senator Warren “absolutely wrong” and noting, “The truth of the matter is that Elizabeth is, you know, a politician like everybody else.”

[/quote888]
[/quote888]
[/quote888]

Last edited by Common Sense (5/12/2015 3:58 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/12/2015 3:57 pm  #2

Re: Dem Senator Accuses Obama of Sexism Toward Elizabeth Warren

Much ado over nothing.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/12/2015 5:23 pm  #3

Load of crap.  Why not not ask Elizabeth Warren what she thinks?

5/12/2015 5:32 pm  #4

They know each other.  Many longtime aquaintences or colleagues do call each other by the first name.

5/12/2015 6:18 pm  #5

Yea you are right … no story here! Just move along.
It’s not a republican being disrespectful

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/12/2015 7:46 pm  #6

It is easy to see why the weeklystandard has never turned a profit in its 20 years of operation ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

5/12/2015 8:43 pm  #7

I remember in the final year and a half of the GWB administration, the far right starting getting really critical of Bush. It makes sense politically since you want to show off your ideological bona fides. And there's nothing to lose since the President is a lame duck just running out his term.

I think we'll hear a lot more from the left in terms of criticism (both fair and unfair) of the POTUS

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

5/13/2015 4:33 am  #8

Common Sense wrote:

Yea you are right … no story here! Just move along.
It’s not a republican being disrespectful

Spare us the feigned indignation.
Sorry, common, but I find it nearly impossible to believe that you care about Elizabeth Warren's feelings at all. She is, after all, a liberal gun grabber. 
I think you just saw an article critical of Obama and that was all you cared about.

Lager is correct, this thing is about a US Senator making some hay at no cost to himself.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/13/2015 6:26 am  #9

"I think the president was disrespectful to her",  Brown told reporters."I think referring to her as her first name, when he might not have done that for a male senator, perhaps--I've said enough."

Well, at the 22 second mark of this youtube video the President calls harry Reid, "Harry"

At the 1:50 mark of this video Obama refers to the Vice President of the United States as "Joe"

Like I said, there's nothing here but a senator who wants attention, and some folks who will seize on something, anything, if it's critical of this President.

5/13/2015 6:31 am  #10

I address people I know by their first name regardless of their occupation.  I address the mayor of Lancaster as 'Rick', my doctor as 'Dan', the policeman as 'Nick', and the guys at the service station where I take my car as 'Randy', 'Ed' and 'John'.  But, that's just me.  What do you do?

Board footera