The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2015 9:38 am  #1

Obama and Netanyahu Clash Over Israeli’s Planned Speech

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/10/world/middleeast/obama-says-he-doesnt-expect-more-extensions-in-talks-with-iran.html?hpw&rref=politics&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

Obama and Netanyahu Clash From Afar Over Israeli’s Planned Speech

The fight between these two is getting pretty awkward.

Last edited by Goose (2/10/2015 9:39 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/10/2015 9:42 am  #2

Re: Obama and Netanyahu Clash Over Israeli’s Planned Speech

FWIW, I think Obama's beef is with Boehner for inviting Bibi. I think he should take the high road and not take any unnecessary verbal shots at Netanyahu.

It's not like I think we're going to see a general outcry from the country to start another war in the middle east after his speech.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/10/2015 9:50 am  #3

Yea, I think that the President is ticked with Boehner.
The article suggests that Netanyahu arranged the trip without even notifying the White House until it was a done deal. So, the Prez is probably pissed at the two of them.

What do folks think of the President's remarks?
He stated that "even"  Angela Merkel wouldn't seek or get an invitation to appear here if it was two weeks before her next election.
The President seemed to suggest that a protocol exists that says we don't do this for fear that it would look like the US was endorsing a specific cadidate, and thus interfering with a foreign election.

Anybody know if such a protocol exists, or if it's just animosity for "Bibi"?

Last edited by Goose (2/10/2015 9:50 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/10/2015 10:16 am  #4

2/11/2015 2:37 pm  #5

I see it as an insult to the President by Boehner and possibly Netanyahu. The Congress is the Legislative branch of the gov. in charge of making laws, and the President is the Executive branch in charge of foreign policy. Back the f off and let the President do his job. I can just hear the outrage if a Democrat pulled this type of crap.

Board footera