The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2015 9:25 am  #61

Re: Eagles

That is pretty crappy ..... literally ! 

(Sorry for the pun, but I couldn't help myself) 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/30/2015 12:15 pm  #62

Same fuzzy picture.

5/01/2015 4:14 pm  #63

I guess that's it for the Eagle Cam.  They aren't going to go up there and clean the lens. Unless the rain hits it and cleans it,  it going to be fuzzy and out of focus.   

5/01/2015 9:28 pm  #64

florentine wrote:

I guess that's it for the Eagle Cam. They aren't going to go up there and clean the lens. Unless the rain hits it and cleans it, it going to be fuzzy and out of focus.

Bummer.
Thanks for bringing this site to my attention, Florentine.
You have no idea how much enjoyment it has given me and my daughter these past weeks.
You are awesome!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/04/2015 8:12 am  #65

Another pair of nesting Eagles!

Trail users not likely to be fined for passing close to eagles nest

The nest is very close to the new section of the Northern Extension of the Heritage Rail Trail County Park

http://www.ydr.com/local/ci_28040466/trail-users-not-likely-be-fined-passing-close

If you have walked or ridden a bike on the new section of the Heritage Rail Trail County Park, you might be aware that a pair of bald eagles are nesting nearby.One of the eagles flew across the Codorus Creek during a ceremony held on Earth Day to celebrate the opening of the new section of trail along the Northern Extension. The new stretch runs from a parking lot at Route 30 and Loucks Mill Road to a new bridge over the creek at Emig Road.

The nest is very close to the trail, which has been busy on a recent weekend, said Travis Lau, a spokesman for the state Game Commission."We are keeping an eye on it," he said.Q Will trail users be fined for getting too close?A Not likely."This pair of eagles doesn't seem to be bothered by anything," Lau said.They live close to Route 30 and the Harley-Davidson motorcycle plant — it's a very noisy area. They have been OK with an access road being put in and a well being drilled in the area.

Last edited by Common Sense (5/04/2015 8:13 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/04/2015 9:05 am  #66

The image is getting a little clearer. But you need a rain storm,
or a really brave window washer!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/04/2015 9:29 pm  #67

Showers predicted for tomorrow but no guarantee the rain will reach the lens or be sufficient to clear it.

5/05/2015 9:32 pm  #68

I'm hearing rain drops outside.  Hopefully, it will rain on the eagles cam lens.

5/19/2015 5:41 pm  #69

I checked in on the Eagles this evening.  The lens is a bit clearer.  They are no longer the fuzzy chicks.  They are dark brown, fierce-looking creatures.  The one was teetering on the edge of the nest, flexing his wings.

5/29/2015 1:49 pm  #70

A journey through the life of the Hanover, Pa. eagles

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

Board footera