The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2015 8:08 am  #11

Re: Bernie Sanders to announce

Goose wrote:

Yea, I'm a little confused on how he gets on Democratic Primary Ballots.

I would imagine progressive activists within the Dem party would be able to gather the signatures needed to get him on a lot of ballots. And I don't see this being a big problem in the early states where ballot access is fairly easy. But if he makes a surprise run, states like Pennsylvania, Texas, and New York where a lot of delegates could be at stake could be a problem.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/29/2015 8:34 am  #12

Yea, I'm a little confused on how he gets on Democratic Primary Ballots.

I would assume he would join the D-Tribe team.

4/29/2015 12:56 pm  #13

Big endorsement..... Occupy?
The big question can he gather all the money he will need to run a successful primary campaign against Hillary Clinton?

Why Bernie Sanders Is the Only Populist Candidate for President

http://www.occupy.com/article/why-bernie-sanders-only-populist-candidate-presidentAs Bernie Sanders stood politely next to the microphone at the Hanover, NH, home of Jon Fox and Darrell Hotchkiss, Fox, who was introducing Sanders, joked about how he offered Sanders a tie at an event in Burlington, Vt., when Sanders was still mayor.“He absolutely wouldn’t let me give him the tie. He told me, ‘I hate those things,’” Fox said.As the packed audience of dozens at Fox and Hotchkiss’s house stood captivated, Sen. Sanders asked a few rhetorical questions about the stark inequality between the haves and have-nots in today’s United States:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/29/2015 7:26 pm  #14

The big question can he gather all the money he will need to run a successful primary campaign against Hillary Clinton?

It depends on what you consider success

And it's official........

“I am running in this election to win. We’ve got a long path forward. Most people in America have never heard of Bernie Sanders. More than 90% of Americans have heard of Hillary Clinton. … I will absolutely be out-spent. But I do believe we have a chance to raise significant amounts of money through small, individual contributions.”

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/29/2015 7:41 pm  #15

What do you think Bernie's "end game" is in all of this ? 

Do you all think he has a real shot at the Presidency ? 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/29/2015 7:52 pm  #16

tennyson wrote:

Bernie is savvy. I think he knows he cannot win. But he wants the poor to have a voice in this election

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/29/2015 8:00 pm  #17

Goose wrote:

tennyson wrote:

Bernie is savvy. I think he knows he cannot win. But he wants the poor to have a voice in this election

Then by that do you mean his entrance will force the others (perhaps just Hillary) to alter their political stance on certain things aimed at the poor ?  If so what might be some examples. If not the above, then how will they have a "voice". 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/29/2015 8:07 pm  #18

tennyson wrote:

Goose wrote:

tennyson wrote:

Then by that do you mean his entrance will force the others (perhaps just Hillary) to alter their political stance on certain things aimed at the poor ?  If so what might be some examples. If not the above, then how will they have a "voice". 

Yes, I think that he hopes to get Hillary to adopt some language and effort towards addressing the problems of income inequity.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/29/2015 8:11 pm  #19

Goose wrote:

tennyson wrote:

Goose wrote:

Yes, I think that he hopes to get Hillary to adopt some language and effort towards addressing the problems of income inequity.

Do you know some specifics of what Bernie will push for that might generate comment here  ? 

4/29/2015 8:19 pm  #20

tennyson wrote:

Goose wrote:

tennyson wrote:

Do you know some specifics of what Bernie will push for that might generate comment here  ? 

Beyond what he has publicly announced, not.
But  I would look for a lot of income inequity, banking/ investing reg stuff in his campaign.
I do not anticipate a libertarian campaign. Do you?

Board footera