The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2015 10:34 pm  #11

Re: Any Craft Interests?

Florentine, your polymer clay beads are beautiful!  I dabbled in polymer clay a  bit and made a few pendants, but nothing quite as intricate as your beads.  Truly amazing.

It's neat being able to read about everyone's area of expertise when it comes to crafts.

As for me, I don't know if I have a particular area of specialty.  It's probably easiest for me to just list the things I have done and enjoy as far as crafts:

- Candles (soy/parafin blend in containers)
-Soaps and lip balm
- Jewelry making (pressed flower pendants, earrings, necklaces, and the occasional metal bookmark)
-Calligraphy
-Loom knitting.  I made a really cool knitted cover for my Kindle a few years ago, and I have made scarves as well.
-Cross stitch
-Tile/glass mosaics
-Wire wrapping
-Pen and ink drawing
-Acrylic painting.  Just participated in my first painting class and LOVED it!

My craft interests are very diverse.  I love creating and am easily sucked into a new craft at any given point in time.  I also enjoy walking through AC Moore and Michael's for inspiration, and also checking out Etsy or Pinterest.

Carpe Diem!

2/05/2015 11:33 pm  #12

That's quite a diverse list.  You've been busy.

2/06/2015 9:43 am  #13

I also buy junk furniture at sales or auctions and sand them down and decoratively paint them.  Since I had cataract surgery a few years ago I am back to fine arts painting.  I find a lot of inspiration on Pinterest.

2/06/2015 9:53 am  #14

BTW--your beads are beautiful.  I had long forgotten that family members used to make them years ago ubtil I saw yours.  Could you post more examples for us?

2/06/2015 4:48 pm  #15

I am having trouble finding jpgs to post.  Most of my newer work is saved on my computer and I don't think I can post it here.  Most of my work ends in numbers instead of ''jpg''.   If I find any more pics ending in ''jpg'' I will post them.

2/12/2015 10:13 am  #17

florentine, your work is great!!  That last picture of the pink chair that looks like agate slices or something is pretty awesome! Do you do commission work? I have a thing for malachite, which looks pretty much the same as your chair, only deep greens.

2/12/2015 10:41 am  #18

WOW!  Florentine.  Not my kind of art work but yours is original and very beautifully done.

2/12/2015 6:51 pm  #19

Thanks guys.  Right now I am trying to find an outlet for my work.  The house is filling up and I need the room.

BOYB, the chair is done in a faux malachite finish.  It is just glazes that are combed through with a dry, square sponge, believe it or not.  It's makes a very interesting pattern.

2/12/2015 10:08 pm  #20

With all the new art venues opening up in York with more coming I would think one or more might be interested in your work.  I don't know if you are a YDR subscriber or not but it has been giving these new outlets a lot of coverage.  It would be a good place to start looking.

Board footera