The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2015 5:50 am  #1

Ted Cruz's awful, Terrible, Not good Remarks

Ted Cruz: Democratic Party home to 'liberal fascism' against Christians

Waukee, Iowa (CNN)Sen. Ted Cruz argued Saturday that Democrats have become so extreme and "intolerant" of religious views that "there is no room for Christians in today's Democratic Party."

"There is a liberal fascism that is dedicated to going after believing Christians who follow the biblical teaching on marriage," the Texas Republican said in his speech before a Christian conservative audience in Waukee, Iowa.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/26/politics/ted-cruz-liberal-fascism-iowa-speech/index.html

There's "no room for Christians in today's Democratic Party"

Wow. That's disconcerting. It's going to come as quite a shock when my selectman, wife, Father CJ, and about a dozen fellow parishioners sit down for coffee after mass later this morning.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/26/2015 6:42 am  #2

Re: Ted Cruz's awful, Terrible, Not good Remarks

Why I have decided to despise Ted Cruz. Most of this was lifted from the movie, The American President. Hey, their screenwriter is more talented than me.

We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Ted Cruz is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You go to Iowa, and  gather a group of  decent people; religious, middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time. You talk to them about family and American values and character. And then you point to the other side of the isle and scream "Fascist!". You scream about God and patriotism, and you tell them that the other side is to blame for their lot in life. You tell them that the "other side" is something evil, barely even human.

Disgusting.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/26/2015 6:54 am  #3

You go to Iowa, and  gather a group of  decent people; religious, middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time. You talk to them about family and American values and character. And then you point to the other side of the isle and scream "Fascist!". You scream about God and patriotism, and you tell them that the other side is to blame for their lot in life. You tell them that the "other side" is something evil, barely even human.

Sounds like something right out of the team's playbook.  Incidently, does he even know what fascism is?  Seriously.

4/26/2015 9:12 am  #4

Ted Cruz never ceases to underwhelm me ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/26/2015 10:22 am  #5

My question would be from actions of the National Democratic Party do you think they
support Christian believing people? And then take that to the marriage question?

If you support traditional marriage you are…………………………. Put your label here!
We all know what happens to anyone who dares support this “old idea”!

Please don’t start railing that you must hate this or that because you support marriage!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/26/2015 10:31 am  #6

Obviously Cruz is overqualified for the position he seeks ! 

(Too bad it doesn't come through) 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/26/2015 10:49 am  #7

"

Common Sense wrote:

My question would be from actions of the National Democratic Party do you think they
support Christian believing people? 

Yes I do.
Any other questions?

Now, I have a question for you.
Do you think that it is appropriate and/or helpful to call other Americans "Fascists"?

[b]"If you support traditional marriage you are…………………………. Put your label here!
We all know what happens to anyone who dares support this “old idea”!

Common.
[/b]

Oh dear, what horrible thing happens? Oh yea,,,,You get to be governor of Louisiana, or Indiana, or Wisconsin?
You get to be elected senator from Texas, Florida,,,,,,,,,
You get to make millions of dollars with a show on Fox,,,,,,
Such oppression!!!! 

4/26/2015 11:12 am  #8

support Christian believing people? And then take that to the marriage question?

Yes I would guess they support people of any faith along with agnostics and atheists, too. 

To answer your second question, I believe there are people and chruches within the Christian faith that support the marriage of two people of the same sex.  It's not like all Christians are on the same page on everything.  Just like people who identify themselves with one political tribe or another agree on every issue or policy.

4/26/2015 11:25 am  #9

The United Church of Christ, the Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church, Unitarians have all supported either same sex civil unions or marriages. While the Catholic church opposes same sex marriage, there are many Catholic scholars who support the idea.

But, I guess that none of that would support the "Be afraid of Democrats" rhetoric of the early GOP primary process.

Last edited by Goose (4/26/2015 11:26 am)

4/26/2015 11:29 am  #10

I wonder why commonsense felt compelled to post Ted Cruz's resume.

The thread is about Ted Cruz's remarks. 

I guess that it was hard to support Ted's use of the term "Fascists" when referring to other Americans, so a quick change in subject was required.
Don't look at that hand, look at this one.

Board footera