The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2015 7:30 am  #1

Michelle Bachmann says the end of times is upon us

She says it's because of Obama:

Bachmann: Rapture Imminent Thanks To Gay Marriage & Obama
SUBMITTED BY Brian Tashman on Monday, 4/20/2015 12:30 pm
In an interview with End Times broadcaster Jan Markell that was aired this weekend, former Rep. Michele Bachmann said that people should “not despair but rejoice” that the world has reached the “midnight hour” and that “we in our lifetimes potentially could see Jesus Christ returning to earth and the Rapture of the church.”

The former Republican congresswoman from Minnesota said that President Obama’s policies, including support for marriage equality and nuclear negotiations with Iran, are to blame for the world’s imminent demise. “We need to realize how close this clock is to getting towards the midnight hour,” Bachmann said. “Barack Obama is intent, it is his number one goal, to ensure that Iran has a nuclear weapon.”

Bachmann made similar comments in the first half of her interview with Markell, which aired last week, insisting that Obama’s presidency will bring about natural and economic disasters along with the arrival of the Last Days.

After Bachmann said that Obama intends to “lift up the agenda of radical Islam,” Markell added that legal abortion and marriage equality for gays and lesbians are bringing about divine punishment on America.

“You are right,” Bachmann responded, lamenting that God will soon lift His “hedge of protection” over “pagan” America “and we will suffer the consequences as a result.”

“That’s why so many Christians I think are sad and despairing because we know what the word of God says,” she said. “But it is also a chastening as individual believers for our good and that, to me, is extremely exciting.”

4/21/2015 7:35 am  #2

Re: Michelle Bachmann says the end of times is upon us

Well, Bachman is at least correct that she is in her "end of times" as a national political figure. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/21/2015 7:47 am  #3

Dressing up your political views and pretending that they fullfill the word of God.
Shame, Michelle. Shame.

“There is nothing more important  for a politician than appearing to be religious.” 
― Niccolò Machiavelli

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/21/2015 9:01 am  #4

Who takes this person seriously anymore? 

4/21/2015 9:13 am  #5

Just Fred wrote:

Who takes this person seriously anymore? 

Oh, I'm sure that somebody, somewhere, will call this a hit-piece designed to divert attention from Hillary Clinton's email account.
Darn that talking about the words that, well, come out of other peoples' mouths thingy. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/21/2015 12:34 pm  #6

Wack-a-doo, wack-a-doo, wacka-dododo! 

4/21/2015 3:41 pm  #7

I wish she was running for president. I just don't know if the current crop can provide the comedic twists needed for the early debates.

4/25/2015 11:25 am  #8

Goose wrote:

Dressing up your political views and pretending that they fullfill the word of God.
Shame, Michelle. Shame.

But if they didn't then it would just be hate, wouldn't it?

Can't have that now, can we?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera