The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2015 5:33 pm  #1

Android Browser

My car insurance company (GEICO) now has an option to have my vehicle insurance card stored as an electronic document on my cell phone.

According to GEICO this is now acceptable in Pennsylvania as proof of insurance.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy.  It says Galaxy III when starting up. I've had this phone for two years.

When I try to put the insurance card on my phone I get an error message saying my current browser version doesn't support electronic documents.  It says to go to Google Play Store and update my browser.

Thing is, I have no idea what my current browser is.  I've gone through every last setting in both the browser and the phone and have not been able to find anything saying what sort of browser I'm running or how to update it.

The browser was already on the phone when I bought it so whatever they were installing at the factory is what I'm running.

I really don't want to switch to a different browser just for one document.

Does anyone know how to update the basic browser on a Samsung Galaxy?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

4/24/2015 6:03 pm  #2

Re: Android Browser

Your current browser could be one of two.

Most phones usually come with a built in browser that was developed by your wireless carrier. These browsers are typically bloatware filled pieces of crap. Some android browsers come with Google Chrome pre-installed. If you you don't have Chrome on your phone, I recommend going to Google Play and downloading it. That should fix your insurance card problem.

In addition, I would also look in Google Play for a GEICO app. You should be able to pull your ID card directly from the app and it's probably a lot easier to use than any browswer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geico.mobile&hl=en

Last edited by TheLagerLad (4/24/2015 6:04 pm)

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera