The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2019 8:35 am  #11

Re: Another One Bites the Dust

The DHS was the brainchild of the "Bushies" GOP-Establishment/globalists.

How well has the Transportation Security Administration worked out?

Life is an Orthros.

4/11/2019 10:07 am  #12

Not sure where you are going with this. trump has been President for over two years now. two years of it his party had majorities in both the House and Senate. Shouldn't he be held accountable for a problem that seems to have done nothing but worsen over that period? I mean, he did campaign on the themes of being some brilliant deal maker who was going to fix, well everything?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/11/2019 1:17 pm  #13

Where I was going was to suggest that the DHS has basically failed in its mission and become just another bloated beaurocracy and needless expansion of the Cabinet.

Life is an Orthros.

4/12/2019 5:10 am  #14

Tarnation wrote:

Where I was going was to suggest that the DHS has basically failed in its mission and become just another bloated beaurocracy and needless expansion of the Cabinet.

Perhaps so. But,  I think that it would be fair to say that Donald Trump has failed during his tenure to turn that entity around and start succeeding in it's mission. Management of the Department, and the immigration problem has been amateurish and incompetent.

Government can be unwieldy, and turning the ship of state can be a herculean task. I wouldn't be so hard on Trump, but his hubris is as insufferable as his ignorance is complete. He campaigned as a fixer with almost superhuman powers. Trump declared that solving our problems would be easy for him.
Then he let us down. He revealed himself to be inept and uninformed, a believer in conspiracy theories and things that are not so. Remember, Trump is the man to remark with incredulity "Who knew healthcare was so complicated".
(Spoiler alert; we all knew.)

Last edited by Goose (4/12/2019 5:13 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/13/2019 8:20 am  #15

Government can be unwieldy, and turning the ship of state can be a herculean task. I wouldn't be so hard on Trump, but his hubris is as insufferable as his ignorance is complete. He campaigned as a fixer with almost superhuman powers. Trump declared that solving our problems would be easy for him.

Exactly, and that's his failure as a leader within a democratic form of government.  When you take on something as large and complicated as the president of a democratic nation, you need to seek out and surround yourself with people who are qualified and skilled at specific tasks and give them space, but above all, listen to them.

Donald Trump never had to answer to a board of directors in any of his business dealings.  Of course, he would say his five bankruptcies were not his fault.  Narcissists are like that, so he surrounds himself with yes-men, toadies, cronies, and loyalists.  When things go south, he can point the finger at anyone but himself, even though he may have appointed them to positions of responsibility, qualified or not.

My problem with Donald Trump isn't that I believe he was a poor choice to lead a democratic nation, I simply don't think he's a good person.  Authoritarian leadership might work in the reality show world, but it's a bad fit for democracy.

Board footera