The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/20/2015 9:35 pm  #1

Weather

Glued to the tv for over two hours tonight because of tornado warnings moving into the area from Fulton Co., to the Carlisle area, to the  Harrisburgh area where tornado sirens were set off in the city.  The Harrisburg warning was getting too close for comfort so I'm thinking where can I hide.  No basement so I decided the safest spot would be in the walk-in kitchen pantry where I would be surrounded by three interiors walls and a door.  And hoped I wouldn't get mauled by about 100 cans of food in the event a tornado hit!

4/21/2015 6:45 am  #2

Re: Weather

Turned out to be a fizzle.  At least here in Lancaster County.

4/21/2015 7:55 am  #3

Thankfully there was no damage that I heard about.
Just the start of the season. Glad we do not have them
here very often.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/21/2015 5:46 pm  #4

I've been a NWS certified Skywarn spotter for nearly 20 years. 

Last night I was "spotting by radar", meaning being glued to Accuweather Premium's "radial velocity" radar using the "S1" setting which uses a color scale to indicate wind direction.  Yellow pixels next to green pixels in a storm can indicate the beginnings of rotation (ie, an embryonic funnel cloud).

At about 6:45 a yellow vs. green area appeared in a storm around Shippensburg.  This slow moving storm was the one that eventually triggered multiple Tornado Warnings in the capital region.  It kept that radar signature for over three hours--highly unusual.

Life is an Orthros.

4/21/2015 9:49 pm  #5

That's an interesting hobby.  After a while I began thinking this was never going to end as WGAL-TV and all the other local tv stations followed the path, yes, beginning around Shippensburg, until it gradually moved to the north and east of the Harrisburgh area.  Only then did I feel relieved.  In the end, all my area received was about 15 minutes of a medium rainfall.  Many of the severe storms where there is the loud, clanging, banging thunder and multiple lightenings go around to the west of my area although occasionally we do get a doosey.

Board footera