The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2018 8:14 am  #1

Emergency! It’s time for Trump to fabricate another crisis!

Remember when Trump threatened to start a war with North Korea, backed away from that threat, and then announced, "Hey I prevented war"?
The act is getting old.

One trick pony. 

Emergency! It’s time for Trump to fabricate another crisis!

By Dana Milbank
Columnist
December 11 at 7:54 PM

Robert Mueller is circling, recessionary clouds are building, and Democrats are rising to power. For President Trump, this can mean only one thing: It’s time to fabricate a new crisis. 

And that’s exactly what he’s doing. 

Trump summoned Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi to the Oval Office on Tuesday for what was supposed to be a negotiating session about border security. Instead, he used them as props in an impromptu, 17-minute reality-TV show.

“Look, we have to have the wall,” Trump bellowed at the Democratic Senate and House leaders — seated awkwardly on couches — while the TV cameras rolled. “This is a national emergency. Drugs are pouring into our country. People with tremendous medical difficulty and medical problems are pouring in, and in many cases it’s contagious.”

Emergency! Drugs and contagion!  And then, a threat: “If we don’t get what we want one way or the other. . . . I will shut down the government, absolutely.” The president added: “I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it. . . . I will take the mantle of shutting down, and I’m going to shut it down for border security.” 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/emergency-its-time-for-trump-to-fabricate-another-crisis/2018/12/11/6b0ffd2e-fd8a-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html?utm_term=.7638c7d7f2d0

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/12/2018 10:14 am  #2

Re: Emergency! It’s time for Trump to fabricate another crisis!

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera