The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/27/2018 5:28 am  #1

Trump says U.S. should launch state TV network

I still remember when Fred and I were mocked for comparing Trump to dictators and for using the word 'fascism'.
How do you like me now?

Trump says U.S. should launch state TV network

President Trump said Monday that the United States should launch its own state-run cable TV network that would compete with CNN for viewers across the globe, a suggestion that prompted comparisons to networks run by the governments of Russia and China.

In afternoon tweets, Trump took aim at one of his favorite targets, CNN, which he said “doesn’t do great” in terms of U.S. ratings but has “very little competition” outside the country, where it is a “powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair and false way.”

“Something has to be done, including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!” Trump said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-us-should-launch-state-tv-network/2018/11/26/e5f4d154-f1b9-11e8-80d0-f7e1948d55f4_story.html?utm_term=.3c67e9e9e2de

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/27/2018 8:35 am  #2

Re: Trump says U.S. should launch state TV network

I’m still waiting for Trump to launch “Infrastructure Month”.

11/27/2018 10:05 am  #3

Ok, here we go:  The 14 Characteristics of Fascism #6 -

Controlled Mass Media - "Sometimes media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives.  Censorship is very common."

For the life of me, I just don't understand the fascination Trump supporters have for fascism.

Last edited by Just Fred (11/27/2018 10:20 am)

11/27/2018 1:00 pm  #4

We ALREADY have it ..... FOX !! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera