The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/23/2018 12:11 pm  #1

He Will be a Narcissist Till the End

Trump says 'market would crash' if he were impeached

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that "the market would crash" and "everybody would be very poor" if Democrats were to take control of the House of Representatives after November's midterm elections and then impeach him.

"I guess it says something like high crimes and all — I don't know how you can impeach somebody who has done a great job. I will tell you what, if I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash," Trump told Fox News' "Fox & Friends" in an interview that aired Thursday morning. "I think everybody would be very poor because without this thinking, you would see — you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe, in reverse."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/23/trump-impeachment-stock-market-fox-new-interview-794266

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/23/2018 12:16 pm  #2

Re: He Will be a Narcissist Till the End

You know, a lot of Trumpkins have been crowing about the stock market under Donald Trump.
They think that the President of the United States is responsible for stock market performance.

Fair enough.

This bull market has been great. I understand that it's the longest bull market since WWII.
It started all the way back in 2009.

That would mean that if you tallied up all the days of this bull market,,,,, over 80% of those days occurred while Barack Obama was President.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/23/2018 2:54 pm  #3

Re: He Will be a Narcissist Till the End

The other thing is that I'm guessing many base Trump supporters don't even have more than a few thousand bucks invested in the stock market, if any money at all.

Board footera