The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/17/2018 4:58 am  #1

Tucker's Taco Tantrum

"Those Tacos are mine, mine!"

Tucker Carlson Demands Univison Anchor Tell Him Whether, as a White Guy, He Can Eat Tacos

On Thursday, Fox News host Tucker Carlson asked Univision’s Enrique Acevedo if he should be allowed to eat Mexican food.

The conversation was sparked by a Mexican restaurant chef that faced backlash after he took a picture with Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Speaking of the chef, Carlson said this: “So, he’s an American. I am assuming he is.”

He continued on: “I hope everyone here is an American. So he’s having a meal with the Attorney General of his country but he’s not allowed to because why? — speak slowly so I can understand this…”

Acevedo replied, “of course he is allowed,” but noted that the resulting controversy is what a divided America looks like.

That is when it took an odd turn.

“Just so I know the rules — This is a confusing time, 2018. Who knows what the boundaries are? I am totally opposed to illegal immigration,” he said before adding, “I also like Mexican food…Should I be allowed to eat Mexican food?”

Acevedo tried to say it was about the contradiction of attacking one’s culture and then celebrating their food.

“What do you mean, ‘their food?’ It’s American food! It’s American food!” Carlson continued on with a laugh. “What do you think, you own tacos now, or something?”

“I feel like I do,” the Fox host added. “They’re an American food and I’m going to keep eating them even though I agree with Jeff Sessions.”

Acevedo then tried to interject something about culture again but was interrupted by Carlson.

“What do you mean each other’s cultures? It’s an American food, it’s an American food!” Carlson demanded. “I’m from San Diego, man. Those are my tacos. Mine!”

Last edited by Goose (8/17/2018 5:05 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/17/2018 5:05 am  #2

Re: Tucker's Taco Tantrum

What passes for journalism these days.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/17/2018 7:42 am  #3

Re: Tucker's Taco Tantrum

Tucker is Fox's useful IDIOT ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera