The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2018 6:10 am  #1

Trump Thinks You Need Photo ID to Buy Groceries

Trump at rally makes false claim on photo IDs for groceries

President Donald Trump on Tuesday wrongly claimed that shoppers need to show photo identification to buy groceries and accused Democrats of obstructing his agenda and his Supreme Court nominee during a raucous rally aimed at bolstering two Florida Republicans ahead of the state's primary.

Trump, addressing thousands of supporters in one of the nation's top electoral battlegrounds, was railing against the idea of noncitizens voting and advocating stricter voting laws when he claimed that IDs are required for everything else, including shopping.

"If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID," he said at the event at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. "You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture."

A White House spokesman did not immediately respond to questions about when the billionaire president last bought groceries or anything else himself. Photo IDs are required for certain purchases, such as alcohol, cigarettes or cold medicine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-rally-false-claim-20180731-story.html

Last edited by Goose (8/01/2018 6:11 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/01/2018 6:22 am  #2

Re: Trump Thinks You Need Photo ID to Buy Groceries

Once again, he just makes stuff up.  His followers will probably now offer up a photo ID when they check out at a grocery store .............. even if they pay cash. 

8/02/2018 5:00 am  #3

I'll say one thing for Sarah Huckabee; when you buy Sarah, she stays bought no matter how much she needs to debase herself.
Watch Sarah try to defend Trump's claim that you need photo ID to buy groceries.

WATCH: Sarah Sanders Says ‘If You Go to the Grocery Store and You Buy Beer and Wine, You’re Going to Show Your ID’

https://secondnexus.com/news/sarah-flubs-grocery-store/?utm_content=inf_677_1164_2&tse_id=INF_860048c095cd11e8872dc93302272904

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/02/2018 7:03 am  #4

‘If You Go to the Grocery Store and You Buy Beer and Wine, You’re Going to Show Your ID’

I've done this, Sarah, and no, I did not have to.

8/02/2018 3:26 pm  #5

Bring your photo ID to the polls this fall.

Acceptable forms of ID include NRA membership cards, concealed carry permits, and Russian passports. 

8/06/2018 10:05 am  #6

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (The Borowitz Report)—

Millions of Americans were foiled in their attempts to purchase groceries on Wednesday after failing to provide the proper government-issued I.D. cards.

From coast to coast, food-seeking scofflaws were turned away from supermarkets, convenience stores, and fruit markets as they tried to circumvent the nation’s long-standing grocery I.D. laws.

“Given that Americans have been required to show I.D. to buy food for years, it’s amazing that people still try to get away with this,” Carol Foyler, a supermarket cashier in Fresno, California, said. “It’s always, ‘Oh, I left my food I.D. in my other pants,’ or some B.S. like that. Believe me, I’ve heard it all.”

In Cleveland, Ohio, a man attempting to buy a loaf of bread, two yogurts, and a bottle of Fanta tried to use another consumer’s food I.D. to make the purchase, but was busted by sharp-eyed security personnel.

“It’s not just people using other people’s food I.D.s to get groceries,” Harland Dorrinson, the store’s security chief, said. “I can’t tell you how many fake food I.D.s we see in here on a daily basis.”

Dorrinson said that, although the nation’s food-I.D. laws have served it well, they “need to go further” to prevent rampant abuses of the system.

“Requiring people who want groceries to have a food I.D. is a good start, but there should also be background checks and a waiting period,” he said.

Last edited by Just Fred (8/06/2018 10:07 am)

Board footera