The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/08/2018 5:48 am  #1

Tariffs on Chinese Goods Won't be on Clothing

Ivanka Trump’s Chinese-Produced Clothing Exempt From New Tariffs

President Donald Trump announced the first round of tariffs against Chinese steel and aluminum industries on March 1. In response, China announced its first round of tariffs against 120 American products–including many consumer products–at the beginning of April. Each round of tariffs was worth an estimated $50 billion.

Trump eventually responded in turn–by announcing widespread tariffs against various Chinese industries. One Chinese industry that is notably not subject to those new U.S. tariffs, however, is the clothing manufacturing industry. According to a Tuesday report in the Washington Post:

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/ivanka-trumps-chinese-produced-clothing-not-subject-new-tariffs/

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/08/2018 6:37 am  #2

Re: Tariffs on Chinese Goods Won't be on Clothing

What a SURPRISE !! 

A Whole family of Grifters. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/08/2018 8:18 am  #3

Re: Tariffs on Chinese Goods Won't be on Clothing

Whew!  I thought for a moment I'd have to spend more for the clothing I bought from Ivanka's companies.  I'm sure the Midwestern farmers breathed a sigh of relief, too.

Board footera