The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2018 12:22 pm  #1

The Things That Pass for News

This interview (Video at the link) hailed as a Fox News Exclusive.
First; Trump's victory shocked the world.
I need Don King to tell me that?

Secondly, a guy that Fox describes as one of the first, and most staunch supporters of Donald Trump is saying nice things about him.
Stop the presses!
Nobody could have seen that coming.

Trump ‘shocked the world,’ boxing promoter Don King says

Don King, the most famous and successful boxing promoter, tells FOX Business that President Donald Trump “shocked the world” when he won the presidency and has exceeded expectations as the leader of the free world.

“No one has carried the type of lightening rod activities since the 13 colonies wrote a letter to King George saying they wanted to discharge so they can be eliminated and independent Americans,” King said.

A legend in the boxing world and a staunch supporter of Trump, King joined Trump on the campaign trail in 2016.

“The first thing that Donald Trump said that touched my heart and it should touch every American’s heart is, ‘We will create a whole new system. We will take this system apart. I want to make America great again and America first,’” he said.

If you anticipate transferring your business privately, it's best to start planning for the transition sooner rather than later. Click to learn more.

King said Trump was elected to disrupt Washington and drain out the corruption that occurs in the political beltway.

"Everyone agrees that the system is corrupt, the GOP, the Dems, the Independents, the atheists, all agree that the system is corrupt. But only one man had the guts, the intestinal fortitude to challenge the system," he said during an interview on FOX Business’ “Making Money with Charles Payne.”

President Trump is a “lightning rod” and can’t be influenced by the lobbyists in Washington or Wall Street’s business leaders, according to King.

“He is unpredictable. He is uncontrollable. He can’t be intimidated or coerced. He can’t be bought and the only people he has to answer to is the American people,” he said.

King, 86, has promoted two of Muhammad Ali's greatest boxing fights, the “Rumble in the Jungle” and the “Thrilla in Manila,” throughout his illustrious career.

The larger-than-life promoter will soon face another prominent promoter in boxing history, Bob Arum.

“It gives me a chance to knock Bob Arum down,” King said.

The two boxing giants are back in the ring to promote Arum’s Top Rank fighter Jose Ramirez (21-0, 16 KOs) and King’s fighter Amir Imam (21-1, 18 KOs), who square off Saturday at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The main event of a tripleheader will take place on Saturday night (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET) at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-shocked-the-world-boxing-promoter-don-king-says

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/19/2018 3:25 pm  #2

Re: The Things That Pass for News

Kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel editorially when they have to go to Don King to comment about Trump. 

Last edited by tennyson (3/19/2018 3:25 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/22/2018 12:24 pm  #3

Re: The Things That Pass for News

Here's another:

Lewandowski Defends Trump's Congratulatory Call to Putin: We Need Russia's Help on ISIS, North Korea
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/21/lewandowski-defends-trumps-congratulatory-call-putin-we-need-russias-help-isis-north?fb_comment_id=1383543918416673_1383628028408262&comment_id=1383628028408262

Corey Lewandowski was a Trump campaign manager. Since then he has appeared on Fox, CNN, and any other media outlet that would have him, shilling for Donald Trump.
Whatever you might think about this phone call,,,,,, is it really news that Corey Lewandowski is defending it?

I mean, was there a chance in a million that he would have said anything else?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera