The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2018 7:15 am  #1

Manorcare

Heartland, Manorcare runs nursing and rehab facilities across the United States. I believe that they have one in York.

On Friday, March 16, 2018 my father was admitted to the Manorcare facility in Jersey Shore, PA.
He has advanced Parkinson's disease, and dementia.
On the same day my father suffered a completely unsupervised fall.
He was transferred to the hospital where he was found to have a large laceration on his forehead. More worrisome, a CT of his head revealed a small bleed into his brain.

In summary; my mother, a woman in her eighties managed to safely take care of Dad for months.
But, in about five hours at a "skilled" Nursing facility, he suffers a life-threatening injury.

The Pennsylvania Department of Health supervising nursing facilities within the Commonwealth.
If you have a problem, go to their website. They have a complaint hotline.

http://www.health.pa.gov/facilities/nursinghomes/Pages/Complaints.aspx#.Wq-puZPwYmo

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/19/2018 7:28 am  #2

Re: Manorcare

Sorry to hear about your father. 

A LOT of nursing homes are understaffed and many times also have a hard time finding qualified individuals. 

Unfortunately, it may also be the case here that your father found himself in an unfamiliar environment and this contributed to the fall. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera