The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2018 11:12 am  #1

God Bless the AR-15

A church in northeast Pennsylvania is telling couples to bring their semi-automatic rifles to a blessing ceremony next week.

The event is meant to give couples an opportunity "to show their willingness to defend their familiars, communities and nation," The Times-Tribune in Scranton reported.

It will take place at the World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland, Pa., on Wednesday.

“All of the weapons in the ceremony will be checked to make sure they are unloaded, with a zip tie so that no bullets can be inserted,” Sanctuary Church president Richard Panzer said in an email, according to the The Times-Tribune.

“We are inviting local and state police to be on the premises, so that everything goes safely.”

The blessing ceremony will be held just weeks after a gunman, using an AR-15, opened fire at a high school in Florida, killing 17 people.

Panzer noted the church has "no ill intent" and does not see any connection "since these firearms are for self-defense.”

He also addressed school shootings and raised the suggestion of arming teachers.

“Regarding the school shootings, if any of the teachers had been allowed to carry a firearm, many lives could have been saved," he added. "Several states have passed legislation to allow exactly that."

Last edited by Just Fred (2/25/2018 11:14 am)

2/25/2018 11:44 am  #2

Re: God Bless the AR-15

The World Peace and Unification Sanctuary ? ! ? !

You’ve got to be kidding me . . . what a misnomer !

Church president Richard Panzer is actually sanctioning a blessing for instruments made for and whose only purpose is killing, yet he says he has “no ill intent”, and “firearms are for self defense”, and “many lives could have been saved” if teachers had firearms in schools !

What about all the people that are massacred with these weapons he is blessing ?

Sounds like a church with a really crazy message that has no regard for peace, unity, harmony, or concern for mankind.

2/25/2018 12:04 pm  #3

Sick.
That’s all I got.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/25/2018 6:53 pm  #4

And Jesus weeps ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/26/2018 5:53 pm  #5

I am the Lord thy God, thou shall not have any strange gods before me.

Father, forgive them.
For they know not what they do.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera