The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/29/2017 7:42 am  #1

Thank You, President Trump

Take something for nausea, and watch this ad to the end.

A pretty little girl (White, of course) says,

"Thank you, President Trump for letting us say "Merry Christmas again"

Amazing. Apparently there are people who would believe that you couldn't exchange Christmas greetings in this country before the Dear Leader came.

Where do you find such people? 

Last edited by Goose (12/29/2017 7:42 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/29/2017 8:54 am  #2

Re: Thank You, President Trump

I saw it a few days ago.  I threw up in my mouth.

12/29/2017 9:24 am  #3

It is truly a testament to the fact that what really animates the republican base is NOT economics, or limited government anymore.

What they are concerned with, no, consumed by, are the culture wars.

No matter that republican election victories over the past 20 years have not managed to prevent the cultural change that has occurred over the same period, from declining religious observance and increasing support for same-sex marriage to the decriminalization of marijuana and the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement. Cultural conservatism remains essential to defining the Republican Party’s regional base.

And, when they need a "win" they not above self-deception, creating the myth that you couldn't say "Merry Christmas" before Donald Trump became president.
It's really quite sad.

Last edited by Goose (12/29/2017 9:26 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/29/2017 11:31 am  #4

I loathe that commercial.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

12/29/2017 12:07 pm  #5

Just like the dog and pony show celebrating the signing of the “tax cut and jobs act” on the south portico of the White House with all the senators and congressmen showering Trump with accolades, that “thank you president Trump” advertisement reminds me of a bunch of generals with layers of medals on the chest of their uniforms and “average citizens” smiling, clapping, and praising Dear Leader Kim Jung Un.

Is this the direction we’re heading with this forced adulation through propaganda in favor of an historically unpopular demagogue of a president?

12/29/2017 4:58 pm  #6

All of this stuff tells me if we continue stumbling along with an under-educated, uninformed populace where 50% of eligible voters choose to participate in the democratic process we are doomed.  No wonder the importance of education is downplayed by the plutocratic oligarchy.

12/29/2017 6:35 pm  #7

Just Fred wrote:

All of this stuff tells me if we continue stumbling along with an under-educated, uninformed populace where 50% of eligible voters choose to participate in the democratic process we are doomed.  No wonder the importance of education is downplayed by the plutocratic oligarchy.

Yea, educated people are a pain in the ass.
They think, ask questions, doubt.
Let's vilify them.

12/30/2017 3:49 pm  #8

It plays well to the 30% ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera