The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2017 10:08 am  #1

Skier Lindsey Vonn Will Not Represent Trump in the Olympics

Professional skier and member of Team USA Lindsey Vonn says when she competes in the upcoming Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, she'll be representing the "people of the United States, not the president."

Vonn made the particularly political statement while speaking to CNN on Wednesday.

"I take the Olympics very seriously and what they mean and what they represent, what walking under our flag means in the opening ceremony," she added.

Vonn continued her criticism of the president, saying she wants to "represent our country well. I don't think that there are a lot of people currently in our government that do that."

Asked if she would accept an invite to the White House to meet with President Trump if she were to win a gold medal in February, Vonn replied "absolutely not."

Last edited by Just Fred (12/07/2017 10:09 am)

12/07/2017 10:57 am  #2

Re: Skier Lindsey Vonn Will Not Represent Trump in the Olympics

Oh boy . . . I can’t wait for Trump’s response demeaning the most prolific women’s alpine skier, Olympic champion, and positive role model. He’ll probably also come up with some crap about demonizing the USOC.

It’ll be the NFL attack all over again.

12/07/2017 11:21 am  #3

Re: Skier Lindsey Vonn Will Not Represent Trump in the Olympics

Good for her

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera