The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2017 5:20 am  #1

Five women accuse journalist and 'Game Change' co-author Mark Halperin

Five women accuse journalist and 'Game Change' co-author Mark Halperin of sexual harassment

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/25/media/mark-halperin-sexual-harassment-allegations/index.html

Veteran journalist Mark Halperin sexually harassed women while he was in a powerful position at ABC News, according to five women who shared their previously undisclosed accounts with CNN and others who did not experience the alleged harassment personally, but were aware of it.

"During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me," Halperin said in a statement to CNN Wednesday night. "I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain. For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I'm going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation."

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/26/2017 11:09 am  #2

Re: Five women accuse journalist and 'Game Change' co-author Mark Halperin

Abuse of power in ANY form is abhorrent. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

10/26/2017 11:28 am  #3

Re: Five women accuse journalist and 'Game Change' co-author Mark Halperin

I always have to chuckle at people who profusely apologize for past inappropriate acts they have committed, but only after they have been caught/outed for committing those acts.

They apparently think an “ooops, sorry” garners them complete redemption.

Board footera