The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2015 11:32 am  #11

Re: Clinton announces 2016 White House bid

The Man wrote:

Hilary Clinton has absolutely zero chance of being elected. Much like another Bush, Clinton is damaged goods from the start. We already know that the next president will end up being shady, just like W and Obama are, no one wants a person who is already shady before even being elected.

I think Hillary is near certain to get the Democratic nomination. And in terms of her winning the presidency, I'd put it at 50-50. You have to remember that Dems, from an electoral college perspective, have a running start

That said, a lot of people are fatigued by Hillary. I am one of them. She's going to have to earn my vote. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/13/2015 12:01 pm  #12

IMO, it would be a mistake for Brand-D to run Clinton as a candidate.

Too much polarization.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

4/13/2015 3:04 pm  #13

What I really enjoyed was Carly Fiorina's objections to Clinton's run claiming Hillary's stint as Secretary of State was disastrous and scandal filled. Carly thinks what we need is a qualified business executive to take the reigns of power in the White House. And Carly knows just the woman with the proper chops for the job . . . and it's Carly Fiorina! I guess she forgot that she was fired from her job as CEO at HP.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ex-hp-ceo-carly-fiorina-180445448.html;_ylt=AwrBJR_6HixVlyoABW.amolQ

A quote from the article:
"She's hoping to win votes based on her achievements in the world of business."

"There's only one problem with that: her biggest achievement, becoming the first woman to run Hewlett-Packard, is widely regarded as a disaster".

4/13/2015 3:11 pm  #14

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Too much polarization.

Yes, she's polarizing. 

She also has a lot going for her as a presidential candidate

- Money
- Name recognition
- A wide ranging network of supporters
- Experience in the White House, State Department, and U.S. Senate.

Most candidates, on both the D&R side, would like to have those four attributes going into a campaign.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/13/2015 3:55 pm  #15

TheLagerLad wrote:

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Too much polarization.

Yes, she's polarizing. 

She also has a lot going for her as a presidential candidate

- Money
- Name recognition
- A wide ranging network of supporters
- Experience in the White House, State Department, and U.S. Senate.

Most candidates, on both the D&R side, would like to have those four attributes going into a campaign.

I guess the polarizing thing depends a lot on your political party or mindset. Seems lately ALL people running or becoming President have been accused of being polarizing in one way or another. It appears like that is what politics (and the media too) is all about (sigh). 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/13/2015 4:15 pm  #16

Is Clinton polarizing, or is the electorate polarized?

She should be less polarizing. After all, not too many people are likely to believe she's from Kenya,,,,,,,,

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera