The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2015 7:37 pm  #11

Re: The New Exchange FAQs

Thanks!  

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

2/04/2015 7:53 pm  #12

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Lager:  I usually write my journal stuff offline then paste it into a thread.

When I do the paste, the formatting looks the same as the original but when I post it all of the line spacing and paragraphs go away.  Everything is bunched up into one big paragraph.

Is there a way to preserve the formatting?  I'm using Open Office Writer and saving as a Word 97 document.

Should I be using a different format?

Try using the "old fashioned" method of making paragraphs by hitting the return/enter key a couple of times at each paragraph break.   That should be recognizable by the bb code.

Life is an Orthros.

2/05/2015 10:27 am  #13

Tarnation wrote:

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Lager:  I usually write my journal stuff offline then paste it into a thread.

When I do the paste, the formatting looks the same as the original but when I post it all of the line spacing and paragraphs go away.  Everything is bunched up into one big paragraph.

Is there a way to preserve the formatting?  I'm using Open Office Writer and saving as a Word 97 document.

Should I be using a different format?

Try using the "old fashioned" method of making paragraphs by hitting the return/enter key a couple of times at each paragraph break.   That should be recognizable by the bb code.

I'm not sure I understand.

I'm pasting from a Word document.  The paragraphs and spaces are entered using the keys.

Although the spaces are there when I paste in the entry, when I post it all of the paragraphs and line spaces are gone.  The whole document is one large paragraph.

After posting the entry the first time I have to select edit then add the paragraphs and line spaces

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

2/05/2015 7:44 pm  #14

I've discovered that pressing "preview post" triggers the 'bunching up' effect too.

On the up side, I don't have to post first then edit.

Just an aside, this also happened when I was posting on the old Exchange (should we be calling itThe Old Counrty or Homeworld or something?)

-Me again

2/08/2015 6:44 pm  #15

Lager, I'm curious.

How did you recreate The New Exchange format?  Did you have to build it from scratch?

-Me again

2/13/2015 9:04 am  #16

For those of us who are technologically impaired and challenged, could anyone explain how to post photographs on the New Exchange. Thanks

2/13/2015 9:19 am  #17

JimmyBear wrote:

For those of us who are technologically impaired and challenged, could anyone explain how to post photographs on the New Exchange. Thanks

Jimmy:

I'll try my best.

Step 1: Click on the button at the top of the message  box that has the pyramid looking thing with the sun above it.

Step 2: Paste the URL of the picture you want to post.  To get the URL of the picture you want to post, right click on the picture and click "Copy Image URL" 

Step 3: Click ok and the picture should appear in the message box.

Note: You can directly upload picture from your computer to the board. If you wanted to do that, you would have to upload a picture from your local computer to a website like imgur.com and then use the URL of your uploaded to follow Steps 1-3

I hope I haven't confused you more. 

To help, I can post some screen shots of the process later but if anyone wants to take a crack at it in the meantime, feel free since I'm pretty tied up with work today and will be largely out of pocket this weekend.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/14/2015 10:37 am  #18

Thanks, Lager, I will try it.

2/16/2015 7:03 pm  #19

Okay, I thought I had come up with a solution to the text formatting problem.

I typed my entry off line as usual but I saved it as an HTML document then reopened it and tried the cut and paste.

No dice. 

Still comes up as one big paragraph.

-Me again

3/03/2015 9:05 pm  #20

Update on the formatting thing.

I did my usual cut and paste thing, fully prepared to spend some time putting the paragraphs back in but the formatting remained intact!

Yippee!  

-Me again

Board footera