The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2015 12:52 pm  #1

New chief recovery officer named for York City schools

New chief recovery officer named for York City schools

Read the full story here:
http://www.ydr.com/local/ci_27877521/bracey-new-chief-recovery-officer-named-york-city

Carol Saylor of Lancaster County, a veteran in education administration, is the York City School District's new chief recovery officer.Saylor, 64, has been in education for 37 years - most recently as superintendent of the Manheim Central School District in Lancaster County from 1996-2009. Last August, Saylor spent time as a coach for staff and some students on an as-needed basis at William Penn Senior High School. The National Education Association gave the district a $249,000 grant last year to help with the so-called "site-base management" program, which was a part of the district's recovery plan. "There's something very special about that district that just kind of drew me and made me want to help them continue their journey," Saylor said in an interview. "There are a tremendous number of very hard-working staff there that are devoted - absolutely devoted - to those students." She said she was looking forward to working with York Mayor Kim Bracey and Supt. Eric Holmes on revising the district's current recovery plan, though said it was "premature" to discuss the topic. Saylor said she has not spoken to Bracey about the plan or advisory committee they will both co-chair. Saylor, according to a news release from Gov. Tom Wolf, is from Manheim, Lancaster County and has worked in education for over 35 years. She was superintendent of the Fairfield Area and Manheim Central school districts. Saylor and Bracey will co-chair a committee that will develop a recovery plan for the district, according to the news release.

Last edited by Common Sense (4/09/2015 12:53 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/09/2015 4:38 pm  #2

Re: New chief recovery officer named for York City schools

I thought York City viewed having a chief recovery officer as a bad thing and didn't want that? Turns out it is only a bad thing if it's not a democrat who appoints them.  Childish, partisan politics at its best.

And why is Mayor Bracey getting involved in York City School District business?

Last edited by The Man (4/09/2015 4:40 pm)

4/11/2015 7:55 am  #3

The Man wrote:

I thought York City viewed having a chief recovery officer as a bad thing and didn't want that? Turns out it is only a bad thing if it's not a democrat who appoints them. Childish, partisan politics at its best.

Hey, The Man, isn't that the Social Distortion skeleton as your avatar? Nice!

4/11/2015 8:41 am  #4

BYOB wrote:

The Man wrote:

I thought York City viewed having a chief recovery officer as a bad thing and didn't want that? Turns out it is only a bad thing if it's not a democrat who appoints them. Childish, partisan politics at its best.

Yes it is!  Thanks!

4/11/2015 8:45 am  #5

The Man wrote:

BYOB wrote:

The Man wrote:

Yes it is! Thanks!

It brings back some good memories. 

4/11/2015 8:48 am  #6

BYOB wrote:

The Man wrote:

BYOB wrote:

Yes it is! Thanks!

Oh definitely!  I haven't seen them live in a while, but I still listen to their music regularly.

4/11/2015 9:02 am  #7

The Man wrote:

BYOB wrote:

The Man wrote:

Yes it is! Thanks!

Oh definitely! I haven't seen them live in a while, but I still listen to their music regularly.

I'll leave it here so as not to hijack the thread. I'm gonna go dig out Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell for old times sake. 

Board footera