The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/21/2017 5:29 am  #1

820 Pounds!

Alabama man shoots huge wild boar in his front garden

A US taxidermist has described how he dramatically shot a huge wild boar that had wandered into his garden in the southern state of Alabama.

Wade Seago told the BBC it had taken three shots from his revolver to kill the boar, which weighed 372kg (820lb).
He said the animal had terrified his daughter and disturbed his dog.

Feral pigs cause millions of dollars in damage across a swathe of southern US states because they damage crops and are believed to infect livestock.

"I didn't really have time to think about it," Mr Seago told the BBC. "I was confronted by an animal threatening my dog that looked like something out of a horror film."

,Hunters on private land in Alabama are allowed to kill feral pigs because of the threat they pose to indigenous wildlife.

Last edited by Goose (7/21/2017 5:50 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/21/2017 12:07 pm  #2

Re: 820 Pounds!

I would NOT want to see THAT in my garden ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/21/2017 12:13 pm  #3

I cannot even imagine.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/24/2017 11:23 am  #4

Somehow I think that picture will be used in the run-up to the Alabama-Arkansas game this season.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

7/25/2017 7:13 am  #5

That critter would feed quite a tailgate party

Board footera